Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Greenstar 24i Junior - HW ok but no CH - Low Pressire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FeelingCold

Hi
Our Worcester Bosch 24i Junior has Low Pressure - just on zero at the moment. With the cool change it seems like we need to get the CH cranked up again.

Can the system be repressurised by a novice; and then where do I look?
I can't see any obvious knobs or switches to turn.

Or should this be a service call?

Thanks
Andy

there is a white cover under the boiler slide it forward and it will fall off do you see a white key?

look under the boiler,put the key into the black receiver under the boiler and slowly open the black or grey control knob next to it,if the keys in correctly the gauge will rise close the black or grey knob/tap when the gauge hits 1 bar

So I guess I turn that one way or the other. Do I keep it in one position and then turn it back after a period of time?

(Also you were so quick in replying - wow! thank you)

i once tried to explain how to fill a worcester with a key over the phone, to a lady. I was on some time :)

just dont leave it on too long or youll get a freight when the pressure relief valve opens :shocked:

OK Gasman - you are the legend!

Twstednugts - thanks for the encouragement.

Video was very clear. The key was already insitue. Pressure is now up at about 1.6 so all good on that score. My next issue is that the wireless control receiver has an alarm (red light). It is an Iflo Digistat +2RF. The receiver has two buttons Learn Mode 1 and 2. The green on button is on only when I press #2. The red alarm light is constantly on. I have turned the power on and off for the boiler. Any ideas as to a solution?

OK Gasman - you are the legend!

Twstednugts - thanks for the encouragement.

Video was very clear. The key was already insitue. Pressure is now up at about 1.6 so all good on that score. My next issue is that the wireless control receiver has an alarm (red light). It is an Iflo Digistat +2RF. The receiver has two buttons Learn Mode 1 and 2. The green on button is on only when I press #2. The red alarm light is constantly on. I have turned the power on and off for the boiler. Any ideas as to a solution?

take the temp on the stat right down then up high enough so the flame symbol re appears that should recommission it

Take the battery cover off the bottom right of the stat and pull a battery out.
Go to the receiver, press button 1 then at the same time button 2 and hold them in for about 5 seconds.
The red light will flash then when it goes out return to the stat and put the battery back in and turn it up/on

OK I downloaded the instructions and video at www.draytoncontrols.co.uk and took the stat temp down and up as instructed.
I also changed the AA batteries just in case. (I couldn't change the little flat battery inside the stat though - it seems immovable.)
I think I may have an issue with the SCR itself. When recommissioning that from boiler power down and back up again, I was expecting the boiler to fire up on pressing the override button 2. It does light up green but does not fire the boiler.

Further I took the stat to the SCR to recommission the RF connection but the SCR does NOT flash red which I believe indicates that the signal is not being received by the SCR.

Turn the power switch to the boiler off for a few seconds and back on again. Sometimes they lock up and don't respond to pressing buttons. Then recommission it.

Tried that twice - no success sadly.

I must say that the advice coming through here is just fantastic. Thank you all so much.

Tried that twice - no success sadly.

I must say that the advice coming through here is just fantastic. Thank you all so much.

no probs sounds like you may need a new rf stat,my experience of rf devices are they are not the most reliable things in the world see if its viable to get a cable to the replacement stat they give much less trouble

Thanks Gasman
Yes I found another thread about the RF3 which has similar problems. I was able to hit the "spanner" button for about 10 seconds to fire up the CH - so at least I know that the boiler itself works. It does still seem odd to me though that I can't get the override button on he SCR to fire up the CH.
Positioning of 'just about everything' basically precludes cable replacement. I'll call my local guy next week for a service anyway as I don't think we have had it looked at since it was installed in 2008. (Pitty you weren't in my area. You would definitely get my businesses.)

when i say cable i mean a cable from boiler to stat if its possible much more reliable than rf devices for your replacement in rf consider Honeywell they are the best but can still go wrong if the installer tries to fit anything made by salus refuse its real poor quality kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Greenstar 24i Junior - HW ok but no CH - Low Pressire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock