Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Green Deal Shambles, Scheme closed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish the government would stop all its effing schemes, give everyone a level playing field, and spend the money on decent pensions or reducing VAT.

I reckon the stop-start nature of these schemes and the uncertainty that it introduces has done more damage to the industry than good, and most of the benefits (where there have been any) have gone to here-today-gone-tomorrow firms who abuse the system and pay rock-bottom rates for shoddy installs.

The only place for government in this is in setting the building regs and maybe setting targets for public sector housing.

These schemes do small one man bands no favours at all . I lost work through that slam it in scheme as already said just give us a level playing field and let us get on with what we do

I tend to agree with you Ray. Infact there are measures already in place and have been for some time in Part L. It seems like another con for the spivs to latch on to. I just wonder how many of the firms in my area that have been set up under this Green Deal rubbish that may go under now. Also, working out how to make a home energy efficent should not be that hard, I see no need for the assessors. I have seen some work that a neighbour had done under this scheme. I couldnt take it on because Im not part of this con, and dont intend to be. They shoved in a greenstar and a cylinder and a solar water heating, they also fitted a home pressure booster pump, which according to my neighbour put near on 12bar pressure on system, well I dont know about that, but I have seen the results of the damage, I didnt relise JG speedfit can distort like that. It serves him right really, He took the free money, he could well afford it himself anyway. So yes I hope they axe the whole thing and leave it to building regs.

Yep, I have lost work directly due to this nonsense. I wont use any of the bigger merchants who peddle it either.

I've been told it was shut down because Worcester Bosch put pressure on the government. They claimed the flue heat recovery created an unfair advantage to competitors. (They don't do one!)

Oh joy, it means there should be no more 'our records indicate you are entitled to blah blah blah'.

Utter con targeting the wrong people as per normal

It shut down because all this years money was spent here is my comments form the sister forum:

1) on the 22nd they announced a drop in the incentives to be giving for items like external wall insulation from £6000 to £4000 at the same time they also announced that they would shortly drop FGHR from the scheme as well.
2) They announce the reduction and then 44% of all the applications come in less than 2 days, so that the budget is now 100% spent. They had "spent" £50m up to the 22nd becasue of they way they announced it, by the 24th they had "spent" £120m (for spent read committed / vouchers issued which could add up to the value of)

This is worse that the FiT cut fiasco of November 2011.

Table 1: Green Deal Home Improvement Fund (GDHIF) applications received, vouchers issued, and total potential value of vouchers issued, ***ulative total by week

Week[SUP]4 [/SUP]Applications received[SUP]1[/SUP] Fund allocation[SUP]7 [/SUP]Vouchers issued[SUP]2, 5[/SUP]Total potential value of vouchers issued[SUP]3, 5[/SUP]
16th June 20141,736431£2,612,900
23rd June 20142,8211,415£8,514,800
30th June 20144,4902,786£16,547,800
7th July 20146,6454,405£25,136,800
14th July 20149,5596,607£36,484,100
21st July 201412,2207,925£43,508,100
24th July 2014[SUP]6[/SUP]21,683£118,269,3009,357£50,425,200

1The number of applications received by the GDHIF Administrator.
2Vouchers issued is the number of applications which have been accepted by the GDHIF Administrator, and a GDHIF voucher has been issued as a result.
3Total potential value of vouchers issued is the maximum amount of money that could be paid out under the vouchers issued to date.
4Covering the period up to the end of date reported.
5 Vouchers Issued and Total Potential Value of Vouchers Issued does not include any payments redeemed by customers, about to be paid to customers or payments at the start of the redemption process.
6 Figures as of 6.30pm when GDHIF closed to new applications
7 Total maximum potential value of vouchers issued, pending applications still to be processed, payments redeemed by customers, payments about to be made to customers and payments at the start of the redemption process

Almost all of that will go to the big players who had already carried out EPC's and GDAR's for landlords with multiple properties, with the announcement all the big players e.g Mark Group will have had rooms of people banging in the applications on behalf of the landlords and tennants.

We were literally hours away from investing £80k in a 6 month project to support the opportunities raised by the GDHIF, just glad it happened when it did not a month later, else we'd be £80k worse off...

Don't worry lads. I've got three mates ( yes 3) and we are removing A rate appliances , insulation and double glazing and retrofitting 1975 technology to ensure that we all have work in the future.

Hopfully when I've got rid of all my thorn m44's I can start fitting isars.

This is true - w/b did have a big moan - a very senior source in European Heatingcompany told me just the same last Friday centralheatking
I've been told it was shut down because Worcester Bosch put pressure on the government. They claimed the flue heat recovery created an unfair advantage to competitors. (They don't do one!)

the green deal is just a total .................. ............... ................. .

insert swear words as needed. ;)

its all a complete fix, nobody involved really cares about being green, i wonder how many trees they have cut down writing out the BS involved. The energy companies fail to meet targets and dont even get punished.

I think this is great news, every day I seem to end up following a bus with a local company advertising this pish. To say I dislike the company is an understatement.
think I might do a little jig.

It's an investment lads. When the green steal boilers all pack up next year think of all that wonga. Just flush system and replace logic with an logic and they get. 7 years wazza. U get £500 for a combi swap and the green steal muppets down job center

It's an investment lads. When the green steal boilers all pack up next year think of all that wonga. Just flush system and replace logic with an logic and they get. 7 years wazza. U get £500 for a combi swap and the green steal muppets down job center
Untill the next goverment dream scheme wagon rolls by.

So nearly bought into this last year all the training would have cost £££££££££££££. Thank god i saw sense. I really feel for the guys who forked out for it

Didn't all theses firms have to do ISO 9002 and jump through loads of other expensive hoops.

The entire ''green movement'' is nothing more than a money making lie, falsified with bais evidence and stats.
Iam not a beliver in any of this green hog wash. Its a lie & its very profitable for the right people.

The entire ''green movement'' is nothing more than a money making lie, falsified with bais evidence and stats.
Iam not a beliver in any of this green hog wash. Its a lie & its very profitable for the right people.

Your right there, someone always gets rich. Normally Tarquin, Ruperts mate.

its all a con and were paying for it
about 30 years ago to encourage people to fit heating they made new instals zero rate for vat no paperwork no quango to run it no middle men taking all the profits ,every one in the game had the same opportunities and the householder got a cheaper job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Green Deal Shambles, Scheme closed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock