Discuss gravity to fully pumped.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peteisfishing

Hi all, converting a gravity HW/pumped CH to fully pumped. All pipe less for those at the top of the old boiler are inaccessible, buried behind Kitchen units and under fitted wardrobes. This is what has been done so far:
Utilised the 28mm flow to cylinder for Flow to Air seperator-pump-bypass - 3 port.
Capped the old cylinder return
New CH flow from 3 port to old ch flow on top of old boiler
New cylinder return connected to old CH return then return to bloiler
Bypass into return.
New boiler fitted
returning in the morning to finish and commission

Have i missed anything obvious?

I asked the cust if any rads heat when only HW on, but this just led to a unclear answer and a argument between them both!!!!!!.......what issues would arrise if this was the case? I guess just one rad wouldnt work and would require re-piping.................
Cheers all

well if it is the case it would need re-piping, but i havnt seen it before. but as dancin says he has seen it! allsorts out there, you never no!

My old system BBU grav HWC ,pumped CH self circulates upstairs on HW when it feels like it . HWC fully hot . offending rad in room with HWC .

Takes an age to get many of upstairs rads involved . A symptom of plenty of Hot water ready !

Possibly a cause of vague / varied answers !

One thought peteisfishing, Is the hot water return tee'd in before or after the heating common return? Possibility of reverse circulation if before. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
it will be the last tee before connecting to the boiler....thanks for the replies folks

Last edited by a moderator:
it will be the last tee before connecting to the boiler....thanks for the replies folks

Nice one! ... Use to be a thing of the past but I think there may be a resurgence on "fully pumped" systems as folk realise the limitations of the Combi! :)

Job done, as feared, bathroom rad on old HW pipes, will need re-piping, did warn cust but no doubt they will moan about extra cost. but remainder working a treat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gravity to fully pumped.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
G
HI folks, is it possible/feasible/reasonable to insatll an ufh manifold and system (for a 17m2 room) from a disused CH 15mm flow and return? I...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Hello I have a gravity fed system with a header tank in the loft, a water cylinder and a 3 way valve. The header tank in the loft is OK and has...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock