Search the forum,

Discuss Grundfos UPS3 setting in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Canasta

Hello

I have a gravity fed system with a header tank in the loft, a water cylinder and a 3 way valve.
The header tank in the loft is OK and has water in it.
When the 3 way valve is in the mid setting the pump and pipes are quiet, and in the CH setting all is quiet.
But when its in the HW setting, after a minute there is loads of air bubbling around, I can hear it right through all the pipes.

The HW still heats ok but its quite a racket with all that gurgling.

The Grundfos UPS3 pump is on the 2 setting for constant speed, putting it down to 1 seems to help a little.

Should I try one of the pump variable settings?
Or there is a gate valve after the HW coil on the return to the boiler, should i try to restrict the flow there?

Reply to Grundfos UPS3 setting in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot water to our plastic header tank in the loft every time we turned the heating on. We first noticed an issue with a leak in our bedroom ceiling which we...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock