Discuss Good Multimeter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

psk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,

I am looking to get a multimeter and a cheap one to start with.
Is it a good idea to get a cheap version as long as it does what it says, i have never used one before so i would appreciate your advice on a decent one. I checked one of these sites on the right hand side of this page and saw this one 'Dilog DL9204 Compact Digital Multimeter ' Is it good?

Thanks in advance.
cheers

Def go for an auto ranging one. Such a faf on if you don't. I have a Draper 78997 and is very good.

ive got the fluke clamp multi meter which is auto ranging , luckily a mate works for a national firm and gave me a couple as they were surplus to requirements

like hell lol the one thing i am short on is electrical knowledge (something i am working on) i am rather chuffed he got me them like as my old one had way too many buttons etc on it this one i only use 2 so its right up my street hehehe

eye not wrong...... big dial but only ever use 3 bits on it!!!!!! Gets me out of a pickle occasionally.

i know a lad whos got an all singing all dancing one and all he does is turn the dial until a number comes up that looks something like hes looking for then rings me

TIS Auto-Ranging Digital Multimeter

Very good for the price, has a temp sensor and it's auto ranging which makes it easier to use.

That is my multimeter! Good bit of kit. Beeps at you if you forget to switch it off...has a back light, and auto offs if you ignore the beep.

Plus I blew the fuse inside to a millions pieces when I checked for resistance with the power on (silly mistake I know)...took the meter apart, emtptied out the bits, stuck another correctly rated fuse in, and it's as good as new. Acid tested. Won't do that again!!

Tell a lie, I just looked more closely at it. Not my one!! Sorry. The ebay one looks good.

Yeah, my one is almost identcal to the TIS one. Sure it's the same, but mine is made by a different make. Can't remember. Probably made in the same factory, but with a different name stamped on the front.

Let me go check, two secs I'll grab it from the van. I need to know now!!!

Mine is made by Di-Log and can be seen here:

[DLMURL="http://www.gil-lec.co.uk/products/Tools%20%26%20Testers/Testing%20Equipment/Multimeters/Di-Log%20Digital%20Multimeter%20Auto%20Ranging/848524706"]Di-Log Digital Multimeter Auto Ranging by Di-Log[/DLMURL]

Yes I realise it's yellow, but I figured it might be made in red and yellow.

They are identical I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
No just looked closely side by side, they're slightly different. Duhhhhh! Sorry.

That answers the OPs question then lol.
the DL 9204 he's seen is a manual range one. For an extra tenner he can have your DL 9206.
Autorange for ten quid is a no brainer.

Blimey - Oh yeah. Just spotted that. I really shouldn't have had that last G & T!!

as redsaw just bought the socket and see dm240 plus ( yes plus redsaw, na na na na) from test4less £90 all in with calibration

Mine is made by Di-Log and can be seen here:

[DLMURL="http://www.gil-lec.co.uk/products/Tools%20%26%20Testers/Testing%20Equipment/Multimeters/Di-Log%20Digital%20Multimeter%20Auto%20Ranging/848524706"]Di-Log Digital Multimeter Auto Ranging by Di-Log[/DLMURL]

Yes I realise it's yellow, but I figured it might be made in red and yellow.

They are identical I think.
#

that is actually the same make as the one i bought, check the size dim's.

Last edited by a moderator:
as redsaw just bought the socket and see dm240 plus ( yes plus redsaw, na na na na) from test4less £90 all in with calibration
me no udastnt wot u mean?.

good i get it for £34 and not £92?????????

Thanks alot fellas,
now im divided between TIS and the DM240, oh well will choose one tonight and go for the kill in the morning.

i think i was trying to write something funny redsaw but the fosters must of taken over;), and your right yours is cheaper, i only paid that price cause if something goes wrong it can be returned

buy a fluke 118 is the model i think , it does every thing and is designed for H&V engineers and can be got on ebay new for £90

ive got the dm240 and think its a great bit of kit well worth the £90 i paid for it, but i suppose its personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Good Multimeter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock