Discuss Glowworm Micron 50FF - no electrical supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much safer to use a combi check type voltage tester (to GS38) if poss, gassafe.
Most multimeters have large exposed tips & poor finger guards etc. View attachment 17161

i like the long unexposed tips on a multimeter... I just googled combi check gs38 and it had those nasty 2mm exposed ends! Pfft... Can't shove them in the connectors and test for resistance & voltage etc...

I agree to a certain extent but you can always pull the tip covers off & pop 'em back on when done ,whereas it is very easy to earth out the long exposed tips if live testing with most multimeters. :bulb2: shocking !!

I find the tip covers to be a pita too and always pull them off then end up loosing them. I know it is a requirement but they are totally impracticle for use on a boiler. You can never get them in.
Decent multimeter leads have good finger guards and tips on them too.
Melted a few good screwdrivers undoing the lives on a spur and shorting it out on the earth directly above it:nono:

Get some proper gear fluke TL175 and crocodiles
aqy9atas.jpg
2u5eva8u.jpg

U twist end and it's a long spike or short 1000v cat iv insulated probe.

4uqupu7a.jpg

Fuses blow for a reason, 99.9% of the time. I'd want to know why before replacing, otherwise you end up with a pocketful of broken fuses.

Ooh check out ermintrude & his fancy fluke case... That's an expensive extra that!!

Fuses blow for a reason, 99.9% of the time. I'd want to know why before replacing, otherwise you end up with a pocketful of broken fuses.

Couldn't agree more, fuse is there to protect wiring therefore fault should always be found before replacing. As others have said anyone with knowledge of a multimeter should be able to identify and isolate the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glowworm Micron 50FF - no electrical supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Had a problem with our boiler last Sunday which is a Gloworm Micron 50FF and probably 25 years old. Flashing sequence of lights...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock