Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm micron 50ff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wayney

Hi this is my first post as a new member.
I'm familiar with plumbing but I'm not a heating engineer. I'm after advice as I have my cousin who is a gas safe engineer to do any boiler work that is required. So not after DIY advice but experience in resolving the issue.
I recently moved into a house and have been having problems with my glow worm micron 50ff its ten years old.
I keep getting a non volatile lockout once a day and have to reset it.
I hear a gurgling sound when I reset it. Assuming from the overheating.
The boiler has been flushed and appears to be clear with good flow with no air locks.
Pump and valve appear to be operating correctly. Air separator has no magnetic attraction and system is filling up from the f&e tank fine. All rads get hot and odd days it doesn't cut out.
My cousin has replaced pcb board and thermistor but problem is still there. He is going to call glow worm on Monday but he is scratching his head on this one.
He is taking another look at the system this friday with my help.
If you have any ideas I would appreciate it as is so annoying.
I'm lucky I'm not paying much on labour but parts like boards don't come cheap.
thank you in advance Wayne.

The forum take a dim view of giving out advice on gas appliances to non qualified engineers. Get your cousin to ask on your behalf. He will need to contact admin first to get his yellow badge though. Also if he can't identify fault go on the gas safe register and get a new fitter as he's not any good!

A competent engineer wouldn't have changed PCB as it's clearly not at fault. Did your "cousin" change the parts ? I'm assuming that he's serviced and 26(9) the appliance?

Last edited by a moderator:
We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location - [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/8668/ or Redsaw - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/users/2718/ who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/ce...ed-advice.html (notice gas safety related advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm micron 50ff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone tell me of a boiler equivalent to a Glow worm micron 30ff. I am not sure what one I should get?
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
The flue for a glow worm micron 30ff is apparently obsolete but there must be other flues that would fit it surely, it's just a standard 100mm horizontal flue right? I mean when a bg gas engineer tells you that you'll have to change the whole boiler as well because you can apparently no longer...
Replies
Views
P
Does anyone know where I can find the decibel rating for the British Gas 330+ boiler? I'm looking to get it replaced and wanted to compare it against the Glow worm energy 18r or 25r boilers (18W or 25W) or does anyone have any experience of these two models in terms of how noisy they are?
Replies
Views
A
Good morning. We have a 10 year old Ultracom which now very frequently thinks there's a demand for hot water, even though there isn't, so the boiler kicks into that mode, and sits there heating tap water that isn't going anywhere. Sometimes this happens if a cold tap has been used or the loo...
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock