Search the forum,

Discuss Glow-worm ultracom - pcb or flow sensor? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Andy Don

Good morning. We have a 10 year old Ultracom which now very frequently thinks there's a demand for hot water, even though there isn't, so the boiler kicks into that mode, and sits there heating tap water that isn't going anywhere. Sometimes this happens if a cold tap has been used or the loo flushed but generally there's been nothing obvious to trigger it (I've heard it at 4 am doing this). Glow-worm's tech help suggest either the flow sensor or pcb. We've had 2 flow sensors die in the past, but on both occasions there was simply no hot water, not this random effect we're getting now. Glow-worm's fixed price is 299 pounds, presumably good value if it is the pcb, but not if just a flow sensor, in which case I'll get someone local again. Has anyone known a flow sensor fail with these sort of issues , or does it point more to the pcb? Thanks for any advice.
Andy

Doesn’t sound like it’s the pcb. If it fires when a cold outlet is used, then it sounds like a dead leg with trapped air, so dead leg needs to be removed. Could be a few reasons why it’s firing for hot water, probably best with a local engineer to diagnose your problem properly.

Doesn’t sound like it’s the pcb. If it fires when a cold outlet is used, then it sounds like a dead leg with trapped air, so dead leg needs to be removed. Could be a few reasons why it’s firing for hot water, probably best with a local engineer to diagnose your problem properly.
Thanks for that. And yes, time for an engineer!

Reply to Glow-worm ultracom - pcb or flow sensor? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock