Search the forum,

Discuss GHT Fittings on Garden Hoses in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I've written a guide called "The Complete Guide to Garden Hose Fittings" and while I know what's available and used in the UK, I want to get my facts straight on US garden hoses.
What's the standard or most common fitting on the end of a US garden hose? I know threads are usually 3/4" GHT (officially "NH") but is the fitting normally female or male threaded or quick release like the UK "Hozelock" type? Is the input to the hose NPT (if threaded) and just the outlet is GHT for connecting accessories such as spray jets?

Reply to GHT Fittings on Garden Hoses in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

1" GHT to 1" NPT needed. I need to find a plastic or PVC type fitting to jin together two pipes. The female is GHT, and the males side is NPT. I need to buy a bunch of them on an ongoing basis. Can anyone help me find them. No mass or metallic as they are cost prohibitive. Thanks!
Replies
Views
D
I have a cold water sink in a shed a long way from the house. We just want to run a garden hose over to it and feed the tap from it. The tap of course has a flexible hose underneath with a compression thread fitting I guess. What sort of fitting or adapter do I look for so's I can plug my...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm installing a water filter which has plastic inlet and outlet fittings like this... The suggested way is to go straight to flexible pipe with fibre washer and a 90 degree bend... ...but the pipes supplied have the wrong size at the far end. I have some other flexible pipes I want to...
Replies
Views
I see there are various previous threads on this and other sites which discuss Hep2o fittings, I use these fittings and have not had any issues with any that I have fitted, however I have become aware of a few recently which have failed, I know of a block of 45 flats ( 7 years old) where each...
Replies
Views
D
I wonder if anyone can help, I've tried several plumbers merchants to no avail. I have removed an old stopcock, (which seized long ago, with a newer stopcock just above) as it had been leaking from several places, mainly at the bottom where it joined the 3/4" threaded female end on rising main...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock