Search the forum,

Discuss Gauge fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I need to fit a pressure gauge on my return pipe. can someone please tell me what type of connection in need for this:

$_57.JPG

If it measures around 10mm then it`s 1/8" BSPT, 13mm then 1/4" BSPT & 16mm then 3/8" BSPT. What sort of pressure are you expecting?

1/4" BSP. Reduce down from whatever pipe size you're fitting it to.

Thank guys.

pressure is just for the central hearing return. so not expecting more than 3 bars.

is there a specific gauge i can buy or will the one i've posted do?

The pressure should be equal throughout the system I believe, why do you want to know the return pipe pressure/

You will find variations in pressure around the system. Are you by chance looking for a neutral point to tee in another EV?

The boiler has a digital one but I prefer a dial type... Just a preference really

that's a 1/4 bspt connection just use a FI connector

I'd get a smaller range of pressure gauge if its only for CH up to 4 bar is plenty and will be easier to read than that one

The boiler has a digital one but I prefer a dial type... Just a preference really

Unfortunately the boiler will decide from its digital reading whether it starts or not, no matter what the dial type says. Oh and the prv will drip, when ever it feels the need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gauge fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock