Discuss Gas rating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gregg1908

Please would someone confirm when does a boiler have to be disconnected in relation to it being under gased.

example a37kw boiler running at full rate measuring at 7.5 mob working pressure .

Last edited by a moderator:
Before you start to disconnect it, you need to find out why it is under gased? Is it the pipe work, gas meter, gas valve, or just not been properly set?

It's hypothetical as not to no why it's under gased just need regs on when you would isolate appliance please.

It's only AR if it's a danger or likley to cause issues with other appliances running. NCS for low pressure unless it's causing safety issues.
I didn't believe it until gas safe tech corrected me !

To say it runs fine on heating and water but low working gas pressure.

I fitted an Ideal Logic + boiler two years ago. The Diverter Valve turned out to be faulty. Ideal engineer went there and replaced it, then turned appliance off, saying he was only getting 16mbar at gas valve inlet nipple, and complained that he could not see any 22mm gas pipework? I told the custard to switch it back on, then went there a week later and fitted a 22mm gas pipe so the said engineer could see it. Idjiot

We had two installs AR by ideal subby. He didn't realise that there was addendum on mi due to losses on valve!

I fitted an Ideal Logic + boiler two years ago. The Diverter Valve turned out to be faulty. Ideal engineer went there and replaced it, then turned appliance off, saying he was only getting 16mbar at gas valve inlet nipple, and complained that he could not see any 22mm gas pipework? I told the custard to switch it back on, then went there a week later and fitted a 22mm gas pipe so the said engineer could see it. Idjiot

Don't it state in the mi's that the logic will run safely on pressure as low as 14mb?

It says that. Also states very clearly boiler must be installed in accordance with current standards. Lowest pressure at inlet to gas cock no lower than 18mbar.

The duotec GA mi say it's an efficient and reliable boiler and Worcester - efficient ! Don't believe all you read!

The answer to the original question is no you do not have to disconnect it unless it is causing appliances on the installation to be dangerous, or you are unable to commission the appliance as a new install.

Called ideal to ask the minium inlet pressure/ if there is an allowance of drop across the gas valve to be told min inlet pressure was 20mb. asked how this could be when we are allowed ( and usually find in the winter months) 19mb working at the meter? Answer 20mb!

I thought that any appliance it was ncs on it's minimum intended gas heat input?
Question? I go to do a cp12 and gas rate the cooker, 11kw cooker I gas rate it and it comes in at 8kw ( more than 10% under my tolerances) what happens then?

Had same issue regarding diverter valves on a few of these boilers last year. Must of been a faulty batch with those valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas rating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back