Discuss Gas pressure question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as Shaun, if i've broken any forum rules then I would like clarification from the administration . unlike Shaun i'm new to the site, so I would like official clarification if i'm in the wrong .. if i am then i will hold my hands up and take it on the chin like a big boy . i only want to help out

Firstly let me start by stating I wasnt a fan of how too many threads used to get closed too easy , the simple mention of gas was mental , I believe it's the same as an engineers call , you know how far to advise in relation to gas, in the past there have been so many folks wanting to know things about gas piping , boiler fixing and fitting and obviously any of that is a no no , but as far as explaining gas pressures etc I feel that's a conversation an op should have with his/ her gsr engineer, They could go online and look up anything to do with gas yes , even boiler breakdown instructions, so we should tell them because they can find it online anyway , no I disagree, , sometimes folks want an answer so they can do the work themselves , now I'm not meaning wormwood I'm being hypothetical, I dare say that's why we need to judge ourselves how far we go with info on open forums,

Nothing wrong with healthy debate, nothing wrong with disagreeing with one another so long as there is respect and I said that I respect you Kris ...

You've asked if the top of the forum flashing red means rules are being broken? ... and as i'm new to the forum then i'd like to know too .... surely the only place to get a definitive answer is admin?

The thing is gh77 there isn't a definitive answer , it's like an engineers call, we need to determine how far in depth you help visitors out, my belief is we help as much as we can until they want to know how to do gas work that they are having done in there home , sometimes that means folks want an answer to break the law and find out how to do it themselves ,

Okay, that's fair enough ... I feel that the information I gave was a confirmation that his gsr was competent and why ... I don't feel that it informed him how to carry out a working Gas pressure test at the meter and/or boiler as that would be too much information in my opinion...

I most certainly agree that this forum should be fun though :)

There was nothing wrong with your post , never said there was mate
When a visitor comes on here and starts asking gas related queries especially when they say they are getting the work done in his or her home, and we say ask your gas safe registered engineer and they say things like Ive one coming tomorrow or next week then you can usually tell if they just want a wee bit further knowledge so that they understand more about the setup so they can have a proper understanding conversation when the engineer arrives , these are the ones that aren't too in depth on gas then there are ones who ask because they intend to do work themselves and want to find out by us how to do it, I've ALWAYS tried to help as much as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pressure question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock