Discuss Gas pressure question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
He already has, just reassuring him that his GSR is correct, why he's correct and that he's not being ripped off

I think this thread should be closed.
There is too much gas related info being given to a diy'er who should just employ a good gsr to install the new boiler and update the supply pipework as needed.

I am NOT a DIYer!!

I've already said several times that I have no intention of doing it myself and that I have and will use a qualified gas installer.

Read posts 16 & 21!

Is that clear enough for you?

I will not say it again.

I would get no 2 done first and see what you get

Yes, I think you're right. Then no 1 if it's still too low. (My meter really is ancient, spiders crawling out of it, etc, etc).

Btw, I reckon the 22mm-15mm reducer is closer to the boiler than I thought (I had a closer look last night). The 22mm comes out of the meter and goes straight back through the wall horizontally. After 10 inches, it disappears behind the plasterwork inside the lounge.

Here it must either a) turn vertical until it reaches 1st floor joist level - or b) go off in another direction.

Assuming a) is correct, it must turn horizontal again and run through the joists, over the hall, over the downstairs toilet, and into the kitchen, where the boiler is. Then it turns vertical again (so it's now pointing downwards), reduces to 15mm and runs down inside the plaster to the boiler.

All I have to do is find the point where the reducer is - my guess is directly above the boiler at 1st floor joist level.

Last edited:
Mr Wormwood , you are out of order disagreeing with my thread closed statement , you are clearly "picking everybodys brains" on here , I saw this thread develop and thats why I left it alone . Leave the gas alone !!!!!!

Mr Wormwood , you are out of order disagreeing with my thread closed statement , you are clearly "picking everybodys brains" on here , I saw this thread develop and thats why I left it alone . Leave the gas alone !!!!!!

What's the point of the forum if people can't come here and ask for advice!

The reason I disagreed with your post 33 is that it agreed with Chalked, who said in post 31 that I should use a GSR. I have already stated countless times that I will not touch the gas myself and will use a GSR!!!

I am trying to establish whether there is an alternative to running 20 feet of 22mm pipe on the outside of the house, across two doors, one window and through one gate. This was the only solution offered by the installer mentioned in post 13.

He was wrong. The solution is to find the 22-15 reducer, which I now know is on the inside of the house. I also know, thanks to the helpful people here (Shaun, Snowhead, GH77 & kop, etc), that I could stick with 15mm if the pressure drop does not exceed regs, or contradict the new boiler's pipe spec.

He was wrong. The solution is to find the 22-15 reducer, which I now know is on the inside of the house. I also know, thanks to the helpful people here (Shaun, Snowhead, GH77 & kop, etc), that I could stick with 15mm if the pressure drop does not exceed regs, or contradict the new boiler's pipe spec.
really !

Question you say that you have a glow worm Balanced Flue boiler, is this a standard boiler with hot water tank ? and is it being replaced (Upgraded to a combi) ? or are you just having a boiler swap ?

Question you say that you have a glow worm Balanced Flue boiler, is this a standard boiler with hot water tank ? and is it being replaced (Upgraded to a combi) ? or are you just having a boiler swap ?

Yes, I've got a bog-standard Glow-worm Fuelsaver MkII with HW cylinder & immersion heater in airing cupboard and a small F&E tank in the loft. New boiler will be a straight swap - it won't be a combi (partly because the cylinder, pump, motorised valve & tankstat etc have already been changed for new ones).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pressure question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock