Discuss Gas pressure question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a tech survey for a new boiler and they reckon the gas pressure (at the boiler) is too low. Could this be caused by an old/knackered gas meter?

My meter is a 1985 Parkinson Cowan. National Grid put a new regulator on and the pressure immediately went up by 4mbar - but they didn't change the rest of the meter (i.e. the big bit :)).

TIA.

Do you know what we're the pressures ?

Thanks for the reply Shaun.

I think they were 19mbar before the regulator change and 23 after it.

That would be standing and can't see the meter affecting that much as there designed to give no restriction or very little

Would say it's down to pipework from the meter

May I ask what's your existing boiler and whats the new one your looking at ?

What could be wrong with the pipework? The existing boiler has run perfectly happily with it for 30 years. :confused:

I don't know what the new boiler will be.

Could be a bigger kw requiring more gas hard to say really

No, they said it was too low regardless of the boiler's kw. They reckoned a 22mm pipe would give more mbars.

Yes we're only allowed max 1.5 mbar drop from the meter to the appliance working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pressure question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back