Discuss Gas pipes noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to get the original installers back to sort for you.

As mentioned above sounds more like air in the system or pump speed set to high.

You have not said if you have the boiler installation benchmark certificate filled in or checked if the boiler is registered so worth you checking these things,

cheers,

Andy

The pipe noise could just be air in the system as its just been installed and will settle after a few hours/days but the rads will need bleeding and system pressure topping up,

lagging and boxing the pipes in will help with the noise, but by the sounds of it you've got the boiler running 24/7 as there should be no noise if the CH is off

The noise in the pipes are caused by the velocity of the water being too high. Might be from the valves checked back too much for the pump setting.
You will hear any combi in the other room if it is mounted on a stud partition.
Promax's aren't the quietest of boilers anyway.

We have had a few problems since it was installed, the plumbers are coming out tomorrow to flush the system which wasn't done when it was installed. I don't know if that will make a difference with the pipes noise but we have put the timer to switch the heating off at 10pm and go back on at 6.30am and we don't get any noise from the boiler during that time, so at least that's something.

You have not said if you have the boiler installation benchmark certificate filled in or checked if the boiler is registered so worth you checking these things,

Can you let us know if the benchmark documentation has been filled out or if the boiler has been registered.
Check with Gas Safe &/or Boiler manufacturer,

Thanks,

Andy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pipes noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock