Discuss Gas Pipe exiting from side of meter box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Usually a single bolt in bottom centre of the cover, when undone it pulls forward and lifts up exposing the meter and wall bracket. Makes it easier to work on the pipe work if you ever need too. They have a notched fitting around the pipe that's integral to the box design. They usually have a couple of cable ties holding the door on where the hinges used to be.

Updated a few like that and always run the 28mm the same way as its running now no need to notch the box
28 won't do it in this case. Well not by my calculations. Trouble is the property is an extended bungalow with the meter at one end, one boiler at the other end and another boiler and a cooker in the middle
I could have sworn we had a problem given to us in college where we were shown that we could make it work by increasing the pipe size further down the run but I've since been told that you have to come off the meter in the largest size pipe that you're going to use. I'm not sure there's enough room to jump it up to 35 and get it round the corner, hence wanting to come out the side.

28 won't do it in this case. Well not by my calculations. Trouble is the property is an extended bungalow with the meter at one end, one boiler at the other end and another boiler and a cooker in the middle
I could have sworn we had a problem given to us in college where we were shown that we could make it work by increasing the pipe size further down the run but I've since been told that you have to come off the meter in the largest size pipe that you're going to use. I'm not sure there's enough room to jump it up to 35 and get it round the corner, hence wanting to come out the side.

you can get 35mm elbows

Reply to Gas Pipe exiting from side of meter box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock