Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Installation Range Cooker in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
We're changing our old electric range cooker for (hopefully) a dual fuel (electric oven/gas hob) range cooker.
We have a pantry room directly behind the cooker - just wondering if there's any point in us exploring the possibility of installing gas bottles in the pantry for the hob, or if this would be inadvisable?
There's a chance we could install them on an external wall of the pantry but the external boiler is housed here and I guess there are other issues with the boiler / gas bottles proximity.
Advice much appreciated.

You need an LPG qualified gas safe registered engineer to advise you. If you go onto the website and enter your postcode, they will find the closest to you.

Reply to Gas Installation Range Cooker in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, Big gas noob here. We got a gas cooker installed a few days ago, and the gas cooker is now sitting quite far away from the wall (3cm which sounds like not much but throws the balance off of the kitchen), which means there's a large gap now between the cooker and the wall, but it now...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help with a query. We have recently had a new kitchen installed and are arranging for our freestanding gas cooker to be fitted (Leisure Gourmet Cooker 60cm) I have read that there needs to be a 20mm gap between the sides of the cooker to meet the Gas Safe...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are designing and building cooking gas bottles with electronics controlled valves. These are for kids camping chalets. Its purely a safety feature because its kids. As you can tell, there is no big market for this product, its just to get these kids out camping. System description: So...
Replies
Views
We are getting a new gas cooker installed on Sunday. The existing one is over 25 years old, as such I'm having to do some prep to make sure it's ok to install (remove wallpaper from the hot zone for one). In looking behind the existing cooker I have noticed there appears to be a twin and earth...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock