Search the forum,

Discuss Gas cooker installation in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help with a query.
We have recently had a new kitchen installed and are arranging for our freestanding gas cooker to be fitted (Leisure Gourmet Cooker 60cm)
I have read that there needs to be a 20mm gap between the sides of the cooker to meet the Gas Safe guidelines - or default to the manufacturer instructions. I'm concerned as I don't know if there is quite the required space between the sides of the cooker.
The installation manual for this model does not specify anything re a 20mm gap. It only specifies the height clearance 'hot zone' which we are within the limit of. It states that the cooker 'can be used with cabinets on either side' and that 'any kitchen furniture next to the appliance must be heat resistant (100 degrees).'
My question is, will the 20mm gap rule still apply in this case if the installation instructions do not specify? I want to ensure this is clear before calling out the installer.
Any comments very welcome!

If you have the manufacturers instructions, go off their recommendations and instruction.
The guidelines are there in addition and in case the manufacturers instructions are not available.

Can you prove the units either side will withstand 100 C? (written proof or demonstrated).

Reply to Gas cooker installation in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock