Discuss gas fires in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
am i the only one or have others came across gas fires (all types) without data plates and manufactures instructions,other than doing reg 26 (9),what do you guys do,i did a gas rate to establish the ventilation requirements,am i wrong in doing that hoping the gas used in a given amount of time is correct,advice or confirmation invited.

gas rate will tell you how much gas it is actually burning NOT how much gas it SHOULD be burning on max, so therefore im not sure it would guarantee you had the vent calculation right, if you are on an unknown appliance you need MI to confirm so be careful

Normally the old shed DFE. Follow British Standard requirements but as Kirk says be carefull because you wont know what the input or pressure should be.

You cannot test an appliance and walk away giving the all clear that all is well if you have not got the MI's or date plate with relevant info. As mentioned above this information is important.
I either attempt to identify the appliance and source the MI's, advise the customer to identify and source MI's and call back, or walk away after doing a spillage, advising you cannot safely confirm correct operation/function of appliance without the relevant information.

You cannot test an appliance and walk away giving the all clear that all is well if you have not got the MI's or date plate with relevant info. As mentioned above this information is important.
I either attempt to identify the appliance and source the MI's, advise the customer to identify and source MI's and call back, or walk away after doing a spillage, advising you cannot safely confirm correct operation/function of appliance without the relevant information.

i did source mi on this particular fire and mi confirmed my calculated heat input,all good and well on this occasion,but i do get your advice and totally agree with what you say,my point was that you plan a day and more and more you come across the situation were there is no mi or date plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas fires in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock