Search the forum,

Discuss Garage internal wall insulation options in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there excuse the mess in the pictures i am currently doing a lot of garden work. I am looking to insulate the garage wall internally. the garage is my little get away for my DIY jobs, guitar and soon to be gym.
Any ideas how i can go about insulating the internal wall (right hand side) and back wall i have plans for the garage door bricking it up double door fitted insulating and the roof space.
Im not sure if i need moisture barriers breathable barriers special plasterboard or if i can use poly slabs with orb board.
Any suggestions or ideas welcome, cheers!

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_5763.JPG

IMG_5815.JPG

IMG_9305.JPG

Yes and that’s why I’m posting it in the general chit chat section with the sub title anything that is not related to plumbing.

I love all info on insulation etc , anything to save energy is great , look on you tube at some of the major insulation companies, Knauf , kingspan, celotex etc etc .

TBH

Stud it out and use 2-3” rigid foam and then osb over the top

Yes Shaun! that was one of the options, i was wanting to know if it was a good option. Cheers Jon for your input. I like this site because of the experience on here, its great when you get a proper mature answer to your question. :p

Ha! You underestimate the determination and dedication of an ex boot neck. I have had garage gyms in my previous 7 homes it’s the only way I train. Plus I don’t get distracted by all those lovely spandex legs.

Ha! You underestimate the determination and dedication of an ex boot neck. I have had garage gyms in my previous 7 homes it’s the only way I train. Plus I don’t get distracted by all those lovely spandex legs.
You must be an exception pal but good luck to ya , I find I have to go to the gym , couldnt train at home.
Loads of equipment and good crack with the lads .

Cheera mate, I know what you mean a gym is nice and warm all propper equipment and bit of a social but I’m anti social and have 3 kids and a wife and two dogs I ain’t got the time to be going to the gym plus I live in Wales now the local gym doubles up as the kids park slides for hill sprints swings for rope climbs :p thanks for your input on the thread I will post a picture when I’m done not that your that interested but I will do it anyway.

You don’t need holes for ventilation. That would let warm wet air into a cold space, where it would condense.

I have lived in a house with sold brick walls for 40 years. I installed a stud wall attached to the brick, using 3”x2” timber, in the first few years living here. The space was filled with fibre glass / mineral wool. Polystyrene would have been better ... but expensive then. Now you could use celotex, or similar, even better. A vapour barrier was stapled to the wooden frame, (polythene) followed by plasterboard. People thought I was mad at the time. ... I was using 25000 kwhr of gas before the work was done throughout the house. Now it’s down to 7000 kwhr, but we do use a wood burner as well in the evenings. That might give off another 4000 kwhr.

I’m a bit geeky about such things!

So studs up poly board or Earth wool. Vapour barrier on top of it all then plaster board?!
I was playing my guitar in there tonight and it was a bit nippy, that might explain the bum notes I hit.

Reply to Garage internal wall insulation options in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm currently refurbishing a room and in the process adding some internal wall insulation. The wall has been stripped and my plumber is coming this week to install/reconfigure the pipework for new radiators. The walls are solid brick and as I am installing insulated plasterboards, we agreed...
Replies
Views
B
Hi all I am not a professional, however I am a handy bugger I think. After the conversion of a garage to an actual internal room, there is now an external unsealed manhole cover in the centre of the room, around 4 inches below the new floor level. It is approx 750 x 500 in size. The cover...
Replies
Views
Bradley Basford
B
Hi Everyone Hopefully a simple question here. I am installing three new water feeds to different locations around the outside of the property. One to the garage, one to the pond and another to the garden. I have two choices. I can pick up the incoming water feed before it enters the property or...
Replies
Views
Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I get a quick sense check on the below, always wanting to work 1 step ahead, eventually planning to add an en-suite to my existing loft conversion. Got...
Replies
Views
I apologise in advance that this might not make sense or be full of silly/obvious questions, but I am a novice at all this! We have recently knocked through from our kitchen to a new extension to create an opening. Various things have been moved from the wall that was knocked through, including...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock