Search the forum,

Discuss Internal drainage cover in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Bradley Basford

Hi all

I am not a professional, however I am a handy bugger I think.

After the conversion of a garage to an actual internal room, there is now an external unsealed manhole cover in the centre of the room, around 4 inches below the new floor level.

It is approx 750 x 500 in size.

The cover emits the smell of the drainage.

All of the work was done by previous owners who used celotex roof insulation to raise the floor...... Yeah I know!

What my thought is, if I were to use the existing manhole cover as a base, cut an inspection cover size hole into it on risers, and then concrete it all in to existing floor height, would this be both legal and strong enough? I would rebar the concrete to the original floor height.

Hope that makes sense!

Reply to Internal drainage cover in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock