Search the forum,

Discuss Internal or external connection? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Everyone

Hopefully a simple question here.
I am installing three new water feeds to different locations around the outside of the property. One to the garage, one to the pond and another to the garden.
I have two choices. I can pick up the incoming water feed before it enters the property or I can extend from one of the internal pipes and exit the property again.

There is some kind of pressure limiter where the water enters the house, so my thinking is that if there is surplus pressure it would be better to pick up on the incoming feed.
Any advice or comments are welcome :)

Thanks

Steve

Are you on a water meter and is it internal or externally ?

You can do either then but don’t forget about back flow protection

Reply to Internal or external connection? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I currently have an external water meter (which is a sub-meter) of my neighbours meter. The mains supply runs into their garden and then splits off into my sub-meter. We are planning on building an extension near to the existing external sub-meter and I have sought advice from Yorkshire...
Replies
Views
I have a seemingly impossible problem. I am not a plumber but I can at least understand some of it. We have just had the Water Board inspector here and even he went away flummoxed. OK ....we have a stopcock under the sink that is stuck open - no amount of force will turn it. We need to turn...
Replies
Views
HI, Closing the internal house Stopcock located under the sink eventually stops water flowing from the kitchen tap or washing machine hose when these are left open. However, if the tap/ hose is closed, with the stopcock still isolated and left for several minutes then there is another stream...
Replies
Views
Hello all Anyone experience of the following situation and can advise please before I contact the local water company? Commercial (retail) property. Reduced water pressure. Upon investigation, believe our external stopcock, which is located within our boundary, is leaking as the chamber is...
Replies
Views
We just had a waterhole bored and were lucky enough to find a flowing artesian, which delivers just over 500 gallons an hour without needing a pump. We need to feed only about a litre a minute into our reservoir, as this is sufficient for our rural household needs. I installed a Speedfit...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock