Search the forum,

Discuss Gainsborough shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, am a bit stumped. Friend has a Gainsborough mixer shower fed from a combi boiler. Not sure what model the shower is I'm afraid. However, the problem is it appears to be leaking from the black plastic inlet elbow on the cold side. I have taken the elbow off (threaded to the shower valve and just pushed on to the copper tail coming through the wall). It appears to be leaking from where the elbow pushes onto the copper tail. I have checked the little 'o-ring' inside the elbow and it all appears fine. I am a little concerned that the elbow just pushes onto the pipe without any real 'collar' to 'grab' the pipe. Is it a case of a new elbow or is there something else? Looks like the installer (not me and not known to my friend) has used some silicone. I'm only a trainee plumber but get the feeling that shouldn't be the way to do it!? Any advice or help would be greatly received from the wealth of knowledge on this forum. Cheers Pete.

if the previous plumber has used silicone, it would suggest that there has been a problem before. maybe nicked the o-ring when pushing the elbow onto the copper pipe. do a search on showerdoc.com to see if you can get spare elbows for the shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gainsborough shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock