Discuss Fluke 114 Multimeter for boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a fluke 117 with the magnetic strap and the decent leads with the adjustable tips

Ermintrude, i it take you're not a fan of Anton analysers? apart from checking the flue gases, i found carrying a let-by and tightness test on my evo3 to a be a pain in the butt....uselss feature in my opinion...nothings beats a regular uguage....(sorry, going off topic there)

the price difference between the 114 and 117 doesn't seem to be so far apart...the 117 does have more features but i'm just wondering are they features that i'll need?

Regarding the PCB checking flame presence, does the board just want to see a voltage dropout on the ionisation circuit.....so you'd select mV or μV and look for the on off switching ( assuming the current flows ) ??

Regarding the PCB checking flame presence, does the board just want to see a voltage dropout on the ionisation circuit.....so you'd select mV or μV and look for the on off switching ( assuming the current flows ) ??

Prob a question best to ask in the gas safe only forum. Join up.

got one of these for sale if anyone intrested or will swap for a new fluke rms multimeter more suited to sparky as its a mega tester . brand new never used had years ago but been in back of loft due to career change at the time got out of box to look and put back.

Attachments

• fluke_1520_portable_megger.jpg
    fluke_1520_portable_megger.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 189
new and calibrated then but obviously run out now . film on screen still .

Attachments

• meter4.jpg
    meter4.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 41
  • meter2.jpg
    meter2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 39
  • meter1.jpg
    meter1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 40
  • meter.jpg
    meter.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 45
on ebay for varying prices from £100 to £200 plus about £120 is fair but would prefer collection knowing my luck lately royal mail would loose it :)

Where are u? South of Aberdeen is too far south for me. Use a courier with insurance . Interested!

I've just ordered one off eBay. I just read a load of reviews on it and it seems legit, apparently build quality aint to good and there is no back light but for 18 quid with free delivery it was worth a punt :)

I've just ordered one off eBay. I just read a load of reviews on it and it seems legit, apparently build quality aint to good and there is no back light but for 18 quid with free delivery it was worth a punt :)

You won't regret it! The build quality is fine, I'm not one for looking after stuff hence why I won't spend a lot of money and mines fine!

It came today mate, can't fault it for 18 bux :) it even has a thermometer.

Mine is here as well... I breathed on the thermometer to see if it works.... Lol...

Yes mate its smack on. Crazy isn't it mate, dunno how they made it so cheaply

Complete waste of money, it's no more reliable than this

VC97 3 3/*4 Auto Range Digital Multimeter All Function Include Carry Bag | eBay

I'm on my second now in 3 years and only because I lost my first. It's ace.
Can't believe how cheap that is.
My fluke case cost more than this whole package.
Done a bit of digging and found accuracy wise it is on par with Fluke. Long term reliability/quality is a questionable.
There is also some question of the safety of it for higher end voltage use which the majority of us will not need worry about.
For general 240v use and that price think will get it as a back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fluke 114 Multimeter for boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Any recommendations on the FLUKE 113..as know WAY am I going for the FLUKE 116 I keep hearing is the engineers multimeter.. REALLY?? 113 Half the...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
I have a clients oil Grant boiler I fitted last year. It is a Vortex pro 26-46 system. It is just a small system loop as it is a pool boiler...
Replies
Views
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of...
Replies
Views
G
I have a danesmore 20/25 oil boiler and it is firing up but it’s producing no heat to the water or the radiators My next door neighbour an...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock