Search the forum,

Discuss Multimeters By Fluke in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Any recommendations on the FLUKE 113..as know WAY am I going for the FLUKE 116 I keep hearing is the engineers multimeter.. REALLY??
113 Half the price and does the trick?
Resistancd
True RMS
Voltage
Continuity
Think the only goodness is the FLUKE 116 is it has temperature. - NO NVC??

I like a clamp meter too but thats a remnant from my commercial days.
Fluke 325 for me

The 116 also does current and millivolts. I’m looking to get a fluke, I didn’t know the 113 does capacitance. I’ve been looking at Amprobe (fluke owned) recently as well, although reviews suggest they’re not as sturdy?

I have a Testo multimeter. Measures voltage, current to micro amps, capacitance, diodes, resistance etc. I think I paid about £130, plus extra leads and magnetic case etc. A good little machine from which I've had no problems.
I also have a clamp meter for measuring current and the usual rest.
I have a Fluke T6 600 with field sense, although that was a purchase simply because I like tools 😂. Ultimately you purchase one capable of measuring everything you're likely to but I do like Fluke products and although quite pricey, I think they're worth it and good quality.

I have a Testo multimeter. Measures voltage, current to micro amps, capacitance, diodes, resistance etc. I think I paid about £130, plus extra leads and magnetic case etc. A good little machine from which I've had no problems.
I also have a clamp meter for measuring current and the usual rest.
I have a Fluke T6 600 with field sense, although that was a purchase simply because I like tools 😂. Ultimately you purchase one capable of measuring everything you're likely to but I do like Fluke products and although quite pricey, I think they're worth it and good quality.

I kinda went overboard with mine also :D fluke 28 II

The 116 also does current and millivolts. I’m looking to get a fluke, I didn’t know the 113 does capacitance. I’ve been looking at Amprobe (fluke owned) recently as well, although reviews suggest they’re not as sturdy?
Saying that ,FLUKE is worth it. But their range is so HUGE and with the FLUKE 116 and its HVAC.
But Rally cant see a reason to purchase as I only do AC - resistance - continuity task.
Current meters a digital budget multi-meter - guys keep saying when you getting a FLUKE
Never knew I went on about it so much

I actually had 4 multimeters until recently but I gave my older one to my sister 😂. She had an electrical problem on her heating system so I gave it to her and talked her through the testing over the phone, she lives a couple hours away from me if you're wondering.

Get What you pay for with FLUKE it seems. They're all out there Loads of capacitance.

I recently bought the Fluke 116 / 323 test kit Combo.
Fairly pricey but arguably justifiable when buying the 2 together, with the included bits and pieces.

I really only wanted the 116, but that was 2/3rd's the price of the combo kit by itself.

Really needed something to test micro amps on flame sense rods.

I’ve been just bought a 2nd hand Fluke 117 from fleabay, looks in good nick. Supposed to be electricians meter, but similar to 116, but no temp measurement, which I’d use my fga clamps anyway.

Reply to Multimeters By Fluke in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock