Search the forum,

Discuss Flues and vents in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I can't find anything in the viper book about this.

Minimum distance from flue to boundary of next house is 600mm..

What if that wall had 2 air bricks and a vent??

Actual distance is 1.3m.

Gonna replace the boiler but need to know if I need a plume kit. Will be fitting a Vaillant ecotec Plus 624.

Flue on left vents on right in pic.

90d8a7474bf2c08813cf7b612ecb2029.jpg

The only thing I can find in the regs is 2000mm from an opening in adjacent building.

K=1200mm minimum distance from another flue terminal so just about OK but below is from Part J Building Reg.

Outlets from flues
3.23 Outlets from flues should be so situated externally as to allow the dispersal of products of combustion and, if a balanced flue, the intake of air. A way of meeting this requirement would be to locate flue outlets as shown in Diagram 34 and Diagram 35.
Note: The plume of wet flue products from condensing boilers, positioned in accordance with the safety distances set out in Diagram 34, can sometimes be considered a nuisance for neighbouring properties. Whilst this nuisance is not considered to be within the scope of building regulations, such installations could be considered as a ‘Statutory Nuisance’ as set out in the Environmental Protection Act. As such installers may wish to adopt the guidance in Chapter 6 of the Guide to Condensing Boiler Installation Assessment Procedure for Dwellings
Care may also need to be taken to locate flue outlets away from parts of the building that may be damaged by frequent wetting.

I would suggest a plume kit Jay, discharging products of combustion over the building boundary into someone else property is never a good idea & if wanted to get snotty they could make you alter it.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives....l.gov.uk/uploads/br/br_pdf_ptl_condboiler.pdf

Section 6 suggests 2.5 Meters to boundary !!!

Last edited:
K=1200mm minimum distance from another flue terminal so just about OK but below is from Part J Building Reg.

Outlets from flues
3.23 Outlets from flues should be so situated externally as to allow the dispersal of products of combustion and, if a balanced flue, the intake of air. A way of meeting this requirement would be to locate flue outlets as shown in Diagram 34 and Diagram 35.
Note: The plume of wet flue products from condensing boilers, positioned in accordance with the safety distances set out in Diagram 34, can sometimes be considered a nuisance for neighbouring properties. Whilst this nuisance is not considered to be within the scope of building regulations, such installations could be considered as a ‘Statutory Nuisance’ as set out in the Environmental Protection Act. As such installers may wish to adopt the guidance in Chapter 6 of the Guide to Condensing Boiler Installation Assessment Procedure for Dwellings
Care may also need to be taken to locate flue outlets away from parts of the building that may be damaged by frequent wetting.

I would suggest a plume kit Jay, discharging products of combustion over the building boundary into someone else property is never a good idea & if wanted to get snotty they could make you alter it.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives....l.gov.uk/uploads/br/br_pdf_ptl_condboiler.pdf

Section 6 suggests 2.5 Meters to boundary !!!

Thing is there's a light to the right, a window above and a roof to the left. I was thing of putting a deflector kit and kicking it to the right and up 45 degrees.l so the plume goes down the alley..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flues and vents in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has been serviced regularly over the years by different engineers with no issues. Last time , the guy wanted to condem it due to not being compliant with...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I noticed some minor pumping over from the vent (occasional burst of water, and the odd dribble). Didn’t think much of it as I was about to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I really hope someone can help me because it is causing so much worry! I bought my house 3 years ago and didn’t know at the time that the boiler was venting out against regs into our neighbours driveway. Our house has a garage conversion so is right up to the boundary line, and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock