Search the forum,

Discuss flue termination onto someone elses boundary advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbdoctor

i have quoted to install a combi for combi swap but the old flue terminates on someone elses boundary and its gonna be a right pain to have it any other way, just checked in the worcester instructions and it says unless it will be a nuisence it needs to be 600mm clearence does this mean cos its gonna be a nuisence i can terminate it in the same position lol if not im gonna have lots of wrk to move it, any help would be great

I dont quiet understand the position of the flue tbh ,can you not use a plume kit to over come this problem ?

It'll be alright until the neighbours fall out and he hammers it flat. :)

Seriously though I wouldn't have somebody elses flue terminating onto my property, especially a steamer.

Come across it on oil jobs where we have had to move boiler position to avoid it.

Last edited:
i think you're out of luck on this one.
if my neighbours condensing boiler was pluming all over the wall of my new extension I'd think this was a nuisance !

Correct me if I'm wrong it the distance not 2000mm from terminal to boundry?

fair enough guys looks like im gonna have to do some work

its 2m, but you can get away with 600mm if it will not cause a nuisence with most manufactures. I guess it depends on the neighbours view of what a nuisence is?

Most manufacturers state 600mm when facing or 300mm from the side of the flue to the boundary when its at 90 degrees to the boundary, if that makes sense.

Just done a job for a builder who built a extension on the old garage plot , next door flue is on there garage wall . Hanging over the owners plot . They can't leave back door open when next doors boiler kicks in ,as fumes go in house , GAS SAFE said can't help .speak to envioment Health

Viper book e-51 terminal position and boundaries. Had the same myself when putting in a combi. Was 1.5m away but common sense kicks and in and I got a plume kit!. BS states 600mm. For disputes they consider 2.5m

I'd speak to the home owner and the neighbour first. If it were my house, i wouldnt have any intrusion on my property or boundaries..<steps up with can of spray foam and fills flue terminal>

Had same issue a while back. Checked with then CORGI who clearly said NO! As flue is not close to but over the neighbour's boundary. Check out boilers that can run separate 2" mupvc flue & air intakes. You get a really long run & it might be easier to route through a house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flue termination onto someone elses boundary advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock