Discuss Flexible Hoses issue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jayuk76

We have had flexible hoses installed when we had our plumbing done 4 years back

12 months after an install we had a mini flood in the main bathroom and the hose split

this morning the same kind of thing happened to another bathroom

What is the life expectancy of these things? Just curious if there is an issue with the ones we have had installed and whether we should get them replaced?

Any ideas?

Jay

They are like anything you can buy cheap 95p rubbish ones that are not WRAS approved and you can buy more expensive ones which will last longer.

I only use them when I absolutly need to for this reason.

Just out of interest where abouts on the hose did it split?

They are like anything you can buy cheap 95p rubbish ones that are not WRAS approved and you can buy more expensive ones which will last longer.

I only use them when I absolutly need to for this reason.

Just out of interest where abouts on the hose did it split?

Hi Phil

LOL funny you say that mate - just did a search on them and found a big diff in pricing!

Both were split at the top and had a bend in them along the middle but nothing extreme just a slight snake curve...although the purpose of them being flexible is so that they can be bent slightly?

Flexi hoses!

Are just that, a hose not a pipe. How long would a garden hose last if left under pressure?

They can be curled but shouldn't be bent or kinked, is my understanding. But yes, there can be little doubt that they're more likely to have a problem than a rigid pipe connection.

They are not as good especially on the hot water side if your hot is too hot to touch, also if there is a minute trickle or the hose gets rusty for whatever reason it can pierce the rubber bit causing it to break and leak, i think they are good for toilet cisterns mind.
DFD67465-8F71-B9AF-A211-C6B205045DB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexible Hoses issue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock