Discuss Fixing Wash Bowls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitted dozens of these, silicon is fine and I use the clear stuff as it doesn't stand out. I use the Unibond sanitary silicon as it's good stuff.
As for sticking down toilets I hate this practice as it becomes almost impossible to remove the loo for maintenance. I always screw them down.

As for sticking down toilets I hate this practice as it becomes almost impossible to remove the loo for maintenance. I always screw them down.

Agreed. It's just laziness. Although sometimes you have to use it on the back of cisterns that have no holes for anchors. Or am I missing a trick with this? Is there some kind of thin bracket/hook type thingy(<-- extremely technical jargon) you could use that's screwed to the wall and slips under the lid?

Agreed. It's just laziness. Although sometimes you have to use it on the back of cisterns that have no holes for anchors. Or am I missing a trick with this? Is there some kind of thin bracket/hook type thingy(<-- extremely technical jargon) you could use that's screwed to the wall and slips under the lid?
I use porcelian tile drills from 365 Drills that are one of the sponsors on this forum. With their drills you can very easily drill any size of hole into any ceramic ware such as a toilet, cistern or wash basin. Great for drilling holes for fixings and also to change Euro imported cisterns that have a left hand water inlet to a UK right hand one, simply by drilling a new hole and moving the ball valve. I've used these drills to put additional fixings into cisterns, basins and toilets which would have caused problems otherwise and spot on for the cistern you described. Buy the bathroom fitters pack as it's great value and they have online instruction videos on their website, including showing you how to drill a hole into a toilet.

I generally use 2 blobs of silicone to hold most cisterns back to the wall and i've started carrying an old kitchen knife in the van (About 12" long) which is invaluable for removing anything stuck with silicone (And also quite handy if the customer doesn't want to pay!):death:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fixing Wash Bowls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Anyone else had an issue with one of these? Ideal Standard 1.5 Dual Flush Valve (SV93467) First visit I cleaned up the base washer of limescale...
Replies
Views
L
Hi all I dismantled the kitchen sink plumbing and cleaned the pipes to improve the slow drainage. However, after I connected the pipes back...
Replies
Views
I have built a custom tiled basin stand for my travertine bowl. See attached photos. I am looking for some advice on how to install the basin...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock