Discuss Firebird C35 Riello RDB 2.2 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JD89

Hi people.

i installed the firebird c35 today and as I was going through the post purge on the burner it lit for a good five minutes before I turned down the temperature control at the boiler then the burner cut out and the central heating pumps kept working. No power seems to be getting to the burner. No light on the burner and can't even hear the motor running at the burner. I checked the connections at the control box but all the connections were solid.

my heads going abit because it's my first install since passing my exams in July!

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I thought that but the light didn't come on for the high limit so can't be? I contacted Firebird and they were scratching their heads as well, technical thought it might of been low pressure but the systems on 1 bar cold.

Whats throwing me also is that there's no timer fitted so only control I have is the temperature control at the boiler.

Control box could be faulty. Unlikely, but could be.
You need to check if power is getting to burner. A volt stick would give a rough indication, but only just to test.
Some boilers have a manual high limit and a automatic reset limit stat. Not sure about your boiler as I don't fit them

Last edited:
If you turned the thermostat down then the burner would have cut out due to reaching set temperature. The circulating pump will keep running as it is controlled separately from the burner.
Did the burner not fire up after the pump had moved some of the heat from the boiler?

If you turned the thermostat down then the burner would have cut out due to reaching set temperature. The circulating pump will keep running as it is controlled separately from the burner.
Did the burner not fire up after the pump had moved some of the heat from the boiler?

No it didn't. In fact I thought it was strange that the flow wasn't heating up or the hot water when I ran a tap even though the boiler was fired? But yet when I put my hand on the flexi that's connected to the expansion vessel that was piping hot? It's confused the hell out of me!

You say the heating pumps were working? Were they actually pumping round the system or just running and not actually doing anything or very little?
Have you made sure there is a definite demand from all system controls?
You say there is no timer so what is telling it to come on and off?
Is there an electrical link that needs to be fitted to use the boiler without a timer?

Some of these suggestions may sound obvious but its usually something obvious that gets overlooked lol

back to basics then, prove power to boiler, power to burner via control box etc and follow the route through. then fit a programmer and room stat so the new installation meets building regs and you dont gives plumbers a bad reputation :)

When I ordered the boiler I thought the timer would come with it (cock up my end) I've had to link the live to HW then link HW to CH the temp control controls the heat. I got told to do that by firebird themselves. Yeah when I turn the boiler on I can hear the pump working (only one of them turns on) got two pumps and the pump that runs is the heating pump.

No it didn't. In fact I thought it was strange that the flow wasn't heating up or the hot water when I ran a tap even though the boiler was fired? But yet when I put my hand on the flexi that's connected to the expansion vessel that was piping hot? It's confused the hell out of me!
Sounds like you haven't filled the system properly. Are all the auto air vents on top of boiler open. Check that all factory fitted valves are fully open, including pump valves, I've had a couple that have been closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Firebird C35 Riello RDB 2.2 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
Hello alll, I have a firebird combi oil burner with the riello burner rdb in. It was working perfect up untill yesterday where it's going...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm looking for advice to help my heating engineer fix my problem! He actually installed the unit. It’s a 3 year old oil boiler, a...
Replies
Views
AFAIK the boiler is set to fully pumped. (The switch inside is on fully pumped), however the pump is only running while the boiler burner is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Firebird Enviromax external oil boiler, it has a Riello RDB2.2 C26 burner which keeps locking out. It has been an ongoing...
Replies
Views
schubes18
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock