Search the forum,

Discuss Filling loop issue? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

So our filling loop only seems to allow water to flow when you open it for about 3-5 seconds and then nothing. Trying to top up boiler pressure as it's about 0.7 bar. If you wait 5 minutes you can open filling loop and you get another 3-5 seconds of water through it before nothing happens again. Anyone help diagnose? Could it mean the boiler is full and the pressure gauge incorrect? Or could there be air in the system making the filling loop cut out after a few seconds of water flow?

It's an old Ideal boiler about 20 years old I think - analogue pressure gauge. Filling loop renewed by BG only 2 years ago.
[/QUOTE

Unlikely, but maybe only 0.7/0.8 mains pressure available, possibly PRV if installed in filling loop needs increasing or maybe two vales on filling loop but only opening one?

Is it a silver flexi filling loop ?

Can you put the main end into a bucket and test if you can get more than 5 seconds flow ?

Reply to Filling loop issue? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

If you are qualified to do a Gas Safety check on a property I assume that entails checking the boiler. If, when checking a Combi, you notice the flexi filling loop in place (Taps closed) would you remove it or leave it be? Also if you notice one valve open and the other closed, once again, would...
Replies
Views
Hello Wondering if anyone can offer any clues please // Potterton Promax 18 // Had an E1 error code, repressurised via with filling loop // Boiler fires but now the pressure runs up from 1.5 mark in the green up to 2.5 in the red then flicks off. // Error code again // Once held in reset for...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock