Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Filling loop issue? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

So our filling loop only seems to allow water to flow when you open it for about 3-5 seconds and then nothing. Trying to top up boiler pressure as it's about 0.7 bar. If you wait 5 minutes you can open filling loop and you get another 3-5 seconds of water through it before nothing happens again. Anyone help diagnose? Could it mean the boiler is full and the pressure gauge incorrect? Or could there be air in the system making the filling loop cut out after a few seconds of water flow?

It's an old Ideal boiler about 20 years old I think - analogue pressure gauge. Filling loop renewed by BG only 2 years ago.
[/QUOTE

Unlikely, but maybe only 0.7/0.8 mains pressure available, possibly PRV if installed in filling loop needs increasing or maybe two vales on filling loop but only opening one?

Is it a silver flexi filling loop ?

Can you put the main end into a bucket and test if you can get more than 5 seconds flow ?

Reply to Filling loop issue? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock