Discuss Ferroli Optimax 31c no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Macktt

Hi Guy's this is my first post (I wasn't even aware such an amazing resource existed) so well done!

I have A Ferroli Optimax 31c that sprung a leak on the water inlet plastic manifold (39837170) due to a hairline crack.

Now, I am aware that these boilers do not have a good reputation but I have had this in for about 4 years and this is the first issue I have had with it.

The boiler was fitted and serviced by a friend of mine (Gas Safe registered) who unfortunately moved on to pastures new (Australia) a few weeks ago, so I had to use an engineer that was recommended by a friend who came and replaced the part today. After replacing the part the boiler came on fine, the heating kicked in but when I ran the hot water it got warm for a few seconds then went freezing cold? and now I have no hot water at all.

The engineer has said that it must be the diverter valve or flow meter? but I have never had any problem with hot water until this part was changed?

Does anyone have a clue what this could be? any help we be massively appreciated.

Yep it's a common fault after they have been drained down . Your friend will find it easy and fix it. FYI you won't get any advise on here regarding repairing a gas appliance as it's illegal and dangerous for u to do. For those who know it heats DHW same as an intergash!

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - View Profile: gas man - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK or Redsaw - View Profile: REDSAW - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

[DLMURL="http://www.co-gassafety.co.uk/deaths.html"]CO Gas Safety[/DLMURL]

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Optimax 31c no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring...
Replies
Views
Ferroli 32c he (combi) So after having a 2 week holiday, we have come home to no hot water. It just cycles on off every second. Heating working...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back