Currently reading:
ferroli f30 (non condensing) prob

Discuss ferroli f30 (non condensing) prob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
went to a ferroli f30 today with a hot water fault....flame kept cutting out so the hot water temp would fluctuate.
took room sealed cover off to have a butchers inside....now when i went to put the room sealed cover back on i left it loose and turned on hot water and it ran absolutely fine....as i replaced the room sealed cover screws back one by one the flame stayed alight until i replaced the final screw(bottom left corner) tightened it and the flame went out....loosened the screw so the case lifted from the seal ever so slightly and the boiler kicked back in!!!!:confused: i repeated this several times and each time it happened again.
is this a problem with the air pressure within the case??? could this be caused a faulty fan or air pressure switch???
any advice would be great.

blocked flue?

you know....i didn't check the flue...i see that i should've checked on the fault finding chart now!!!, i should imagine that is the problem as everything else is ok. thanks oldplumber;)

as said could be blocked flue or faulty air pressure switch
also check air venture on fan that air pressure switch tube fits onto could be blocked or damaged,also check fan drum blades make sure clean

as said could be blocked flue or faulty air pressure switch
also check air venture on fan that air pressure switch tube fits onto could be blocked or damaged,also check fan drum blades make sure clean

yeah i checked the venturi as i had a f30 venturi go before so that was my first thoughts. fan was nice and clean and aps tubes were fine.
gonna check the flue before i make them pay for a aps....but they're not that expensive anyways so may advise changing it and it'll save me another journey if the flue is clear.

if the venturies are ok,you have a faulty air pressure switch

fan:) I had the same problem last year,would work great when casing not sealed,but failed constantly when sealed HTH;)

fan:) I had the same problem last year,would work great when casing not sealed,but failed constantly when sealed HTH;)

sounds like you had knackered ventures which are located in the fan and being plastic its inevitable they will fail,in this case the ventures have been checked a fan will not cause this fault on its own.it has to be the airswitch[or outside chance]the flue but this is highly unlikely unless the flue is badly installed and vitieation is taking place,this can only be a airswitch

gasman i know where the venturi is situated.but this was not the cause.fan was lazy.;)

gasman i know where the venturi is situated.but this was not the cause.fan was lazy.;)

well to be honest i have never seen a fan on any boiler do this in 17 years of experience your saying it was lazy but worked ok with the combustion door off?sorry but cant see how,this is always a venturi or air switch fault only thing i can see happening is the airswitch was lazy as well takeing the door off was just enough to kick it over normally when a fan is lazy it sticks and fails first time for everything i suppose:)

Last edited by a moderator:
well to be honest i have never seen a fan on any boiler do this in 17 years of experience your saying it was lazy but worked ok with the combustion door off?sorry but cant see how,this is always a venturi or air switch fault only thing i can see happening is the airswitch was lazy as well takeing the door off was just enough to kick it over normally when a fan is lazy it sticks and fails first time for everything i suppose:)
i am not after a fight on this,just giving advice on previous experience ok?

i am not after a fight on this,just giving advice on previous experience ok?
ok no worries:) perhaps i should have worded my last post differently,i am not saying your wrong far from it you probably had one of these flukey annoying faults that just turns out to be the part you dident expect it to,bet it was a dear fan as well ferroli know what to charge i done one recently were the locating flap on the back of the fan had failed from water entering the flue coz some doughnut had aimed it up hill,that was fun to sort out

Last edited by a moderator:
mark,i contacted ferroli about this fault when i encountered it,they did actualy mentioned a doughnut,said the restrictor ring was the wrong size,even though it had been in for ten years and had been working fine,it still turned out to be the fan,and has been working fine since.
we all live and learn and i am not questioning your expertise ok:)

off to bed goodnight all:cool:

Last edited:
mark,i contacted ferroli about this fault when i encountered it,they did actualy mentioned a doughnut,said the restrictor ring was the wrong size,even though it had been in for ten years and had been working fine,it still turned out to be the fan,and has been working fine since.
we all live and learn and i am not questioning your expertise ok:)

no worrys wards thats the nature of boilers drive me mad they do,and you to,i dont like contacting ferroli last time i did was on the phone 30 mins[i only wanted part numbers]hope you dont need to speak to ariston even worst:)

I came across a similar problem recently with a room sealed oil boiler. The answer was as simple as could be. The air intake section of the flue was blocked with sawdust which had been flying around from some construction work that was going on in the house next door. Cleaned it out and all was good. Hope yours is as simple.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ferroli f30 (non condensing) prob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock