Discuss Fair Price, Calling all you gas fitters out there! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I was wondering what you would consider a fair price to hang a new system boiler in a loft and connect on to all pipework plus test and terminate the new gas pipework at either end. We would be installing all pipework and taking responsibility for all of it except the gas pipework. We would run the gas pipework as per how the gas fitter wants it and he would then test it and do the final connections.

A roofer will be present on site on the day of installation to connect up the flue through the flashing plate on the roof.

New boilier is going in the loft. Lighting, ladder, flooring and a decent sized loft hatch will be provided prior to him arriving.

All pipework will be in correct positions in the loft so that all is required is the gas fitter brings the pipes up directly into the boiler. A fused spur will be provided to power the boiler and all system controls and radiators will be in place (and pipework pressure tested) prior to him arriving.

He will also need to disconnect the existing boiler from the gas supply, it is already fully drained down. It is a floor standing boiler with easy access to the gas pipework.

Basically I am doing all I can to minimise the amount of work he has to do but I want both of us to feel we are getting a good deal out of it.

We will also be supplying the boiler and flue etc (Viessmann Vitodens 100-W 26KW System Boiler).

Last edited:
You know better than anyone on here how long that's going to take, just ask him how much an hour or a quote.

Id want big money to put my name to someone else's work but I guess you'll be looking about £200 - 250 + VAT

If it's as you describe it's a couple of hours work at most. Couple of hundred at most. I'd want to be able to see the gas run at critical points like where it passes through walls or voids etc.

A day minimum, although I would probably just walk away if i'm honest. It's barely worth doing and taking full responsibility for. A bit like yourself, i'm not keen on fit only.

Remember the value of not only their time, but also their qualifications and experience.

Last edited:
I would do it for 500 notes. But u can put clips on drill all the holes but I'm hanging boiler and running in gas myself. Plus I only fit ferolli. Croft u gonna pull your finger out and get gas safe?

I am figuring £250 plus VAT if appropriate. I would only want their workmanship on the bits they've installed warrantied if that makes sense. Any issues with the boiler are down to me to resolve down the line as I've supplied it all.

The way I am looking at it is that we can punt a fair few jobs like this there way over the year and that as long as we make sure our bit is sorted out before hand (which we will do) it should be a relatively good earner for them and stress free.

I would do it for 500 notes. But u can put clips on drill all the holes but I'm hanging boiler and running in gas myself. Plus I only fit ferolli. Croft u gonna pull your finger out and get gas safe?

Can't afford the time away from the business mate, not now I have staff working for me. Once they are at the stage that I can trust them to do larger work without me being around I will, but not sure how it is going to work for me until them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fair Price, Calling all you gas fitters out there! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock