Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Failed Spillage test - Glowworm Capricorn 240/6 Back boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

A case of layman confused I think.
I have a Glowworm Capricorn back boile. The mand came to service it yesterday. The boiler was fine - passed all its sets quite happily.
However the gas fire (which vents through the same flue as the boiler failed the spillage test.

Looking at it it seems the gas fire has a vent across the top of the boiler and into the main flue. This appears clear so I am confused as to how the boiler cna pass the test and the gas fire fail it.

And, of course, what I might do about it

Thanks for any thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Failed Spillage test - Glowworm Capricorn 240/6 Back boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
I have a Viessmann Vitogas 100, installed about 17 years ago by a previous homeowner. It also is the boiler for hot water, so it runs all summer...
Replies
Views
Condensing boiler installed by local Gas Safe plumber in 2014, not combi. Failed a couple of weeks ago with flashing blue light which googling...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a Worcester Danesmoor 20/25 oil boiler which is causing me lots of heartache and grief. About 3 months ago it locked out and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock