Search the forum,

Discuss Expensive Parts! Can I Get a Generic Replacement? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to take out wall/tiles: Is it possible to purchase a replacement shower of the same type of design with a less expensive brand(parts are ridiculously expensive from Triton)

Have just replaced the thermostatic valve for £100 but the shower is still dripping.. grrr. I have one other part to replace that will stop the dripping.. but that is also a very expensive part.

It's a Triton Thames built in concentric shower

Thanks

Sean

Attachments

• shower.jpg
    shower.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 84
Can it be attacked from the other side of the wall can guarantee you'll need access to change shower

i usually call triton and they send me free seal kits!
if i was changing it i would knock that tile out though and be free to do whatever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Expensive Parts! Can I Get a Generic Replacement? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to do it myself. I have a Grant Combi 26e boiler. I'm replacing the old thermostat with a new one. Although the boiler is a combi, I think the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, First time post so apologies in advance if this is not in the correct part if the forum. I’ve got a Thermostatic shower where the cartridges have ceased up and the fascia has some scale / wear and tear and I’m looking to replace it. For the life of me I cannot find any info or branding on...
Replies
Views
I installed Jaquar Fusion thermostatic bath shower mixers during a conversion in 2007. I let the properties out. They have lasted pretty well with the thermostatic and diverter cartridges needing replacing every now and again - some are possibly still the original. Can't really complain about...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock