Discuss Electric shower PRD in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumben

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
so about a year ago I fixed a PRD on a aqualisa 8.5 quarts been fine for a year and its gone again,
the customers just had family round and it went then, so possibly one of the family twisted or kinked the hose, I'm going to get another PRD and hose and head for the shower, is there anything else to look for as for possible causes?

prd?

pressure reducing device

Children who press the shower head against their body, don't ask me why but they do!
Another common problem is after the water mains have had work done on them and air is left in the supply. The air flies through the unit and then the water smashes into the PRD, not a lot you can do about that.
Interesting that manufacturers say that PRD's (or PRV's if you are Triton) do not fail but activate, therefore unless there is an obvious unit fault they are not covered by warranty. Same applies for TCO's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric shower PRD in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Units involved: Gainsborough 10.5SE heater unit with Swirl (Screwfix 278PG) overhead shower kit with diverter. Hi guys. I have a Gainsborough...
Replies
Views
Hello all, So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was...
Replies
Views
Hello All, New to the forum so apologies if do any faux pas. But I have an Aqalisa Electric Quartz Shower 9.5kw (8 years old) and currently it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock