Search the forum,

Discuss ECO funding for Oil Boiler Replacement? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester

Esteemed
Plumber
Not being PAS2030, we don't get involved in green deal or oil boilers (unless having them decommissioned :) ), however we have one custard that has an old Worcester Danesmoor 15/19 that is on it's last legs.

If she were on mains gas, they'd have Eco'd her and banged in a new boiler by now at no cost to her (she gets the correct benefits so would qualify), however I am struggling to find any info about whether an oil boiler replacement can be done this way (under Eco)

Location is just west of Malvern, Worcs.

Ive been told there is but nobody has any answers to back this up.

If you find it please let me know. I've not found any funding for oil. I think because they are unable to gather the numbers like they can with gas the providers don't want to fill in the extra paperwork and add it as a measure.

I in theory yes, she could but because the material cost is that much higher the local muppet who decides where the money goes decides that it isn't a good use of funding because they can help 4/5 poor landlords in need of having updated boilers.....

On talking to another local engineer who looked into it the oil tank has to be made bunded if not already too bumping up the cost considerably again.

she might qualify to have an lpg boiler put in?

I in theory yes, she could but because the material cost is that much higher the local muppet who decides where the money goes decides that it isn't a good use of funding because they can help 4/5 poor landlords in need of having updated boilers.....

On talking to another local engineer who looked into it the oil tank has to be made bunded if not already too bumping up the cost considerably again.

she might qualify to have an lpg boiler put in?

This seems to be the problem us ruralites are facing!

lpg usually costs about 30% more than oil to run... so that ain't gonna happen.

or a biomass one on the Domestic RHI, and Green Deal it for eco funding and then the ÂŁÂŁ would go in my pocket :)

This seems to be the problem us ruralites are facing!

lpg usually costs about 30% more than oil to run... so that ain't gonna happen.

or a biomass one on the Domestic RHI, and Green Deal it for eco funding and then the ÂŁÂŁ would go in my pocket :)

You could always be a good Samaritan and remove and sell said lpg boiler towards oil boiler....

touch frustrating, there are four danesmoor boiler decommissioned at a large local house and its outbuilding as all are on biomass now.

i did offer to remove them but they want them to stay incase anyone else earned a penny out of them.....

Call to WB in the morning see if I can get their Custard Service to sort it out, - else I'll go the Biomass route.

OK, so called WB, no luck.... So called E-ON, yes - IF you are a customers, AND you will have to pay something - so NOT free...

Seems like discrimination to me - no-one seems abel to help, or really care to champion this cause - the Energy compnaies don't the Energy Saving Advice Service (EST) couldn't help - who do you turn to?

How about woodchip/pellet boiler there will be grants available for them

Wales does have this scheme, that's also available for oil boilers, it's called Nest.

Not much use for your customer unfortunately.

How about woodchip/pellet boiler there will be grants available for them

Guess we kinda know that as it's what we do for a living !! (actually not grants however DomRHI is available in England)

She's had npower chasing around and they've managed to get charity funding for a big chunk of it looking for the last few ÂŁÂŁ at the moment.

Eco funding for Oil is nicely becoming a political hot potato, generally expect more support - eco / gdhif for rural areas sooner rather than later as its a vote winner and there's an election next spring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ECO funding for Oil Boiler Replacement? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
I've a client with a rusty 20yr+ old Certikin 180 (44kw) oil pool boiler that needs changing. Certikins replacement looks like it is the exact same boiler. It has a riello r40 burner and non condensing 85% efficient boiler... Oftec say it wouldn't be compliant and would have to contact Building...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock