Search the forum,

Discuss Ease of changing a lever flush to a button flush in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Is it possible to change a lever flush handle for a push button one using same cistern? If so any pitfalls I should look out for.
Thanks

You can use a stnd push button fluidmaster and use the riser adapter for the button doesn't look the best but works

As snowhead says, yes, you can get specific conversion kits, but personally I wouldn't recommend it as when flush valves fail they usually leak continuously into the toilet pan, giving little indication to anyone who isn't looking for it that they're wasting gallons of water a day.
Perhaps it's worth doing if it is for your own use, but I have had to deal with three of these in holiday lets that had probably wasted thousands of litres before I spotted them: two of which while on other jobs and the third when looking for unidentified water losses while the property was vacant during lockdown.
Lever opreated siphons fail obviously and without any water loss.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Only reason for doing it in the first place was to change the seat for a soft close one. When i fitted the new seat it would not stay upright as the lever stopped it going back far enough. I might just do a revamp and change the cistern as well as it has probably been there since time began.

Reply to Ease of changing a lever flush to a button flush in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock