Discuss Dripping Ball Cock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lee1234

Hi

Over the past few weeks my overflow pipe is dripping in my alley way. I have looked at the small water cictern in the airing cupboard and the water is right at the top. I keep emptying water out of the tank but is quickly fills up and overflows again. The ball cock water valve does drip even when the ball cock is as high as it can go. Is this the problem with the water tank overflowing, if so how do i fix it?

Lee

Hello Lee,:welcome:
the float valve will most likely need a new washer,
in theory not a big job, possible unkown issues like turning of water supply

Hi

Over the past few weeks my overflow pipe is dripping in my alley way. I have looked at the small water cictern in the airing cupboard and the water is right at the top. I keep emptying water out of the tank but is quickly fills up and overflows again. The ball cock water valve does drip even when the ball cock is as high as it can go. Is this the problem with the water tank overflowing, if so how do i fix it?

Lee

fix the drip or get some one to do it for you,

Thanks very much, will have a go at that and see what happens.

Cheers

Lee

Changing for a new ball valve and float is probably easier than trying to change the washer to be honest, if a little more expensive on parts.

I have a large copper and brass float valve on one of my irrigation tanks that intermittently doesn't seal. Every year or two I take it out and just drop the whole thing in a bucket of de-scaling acid for a few minutes and it works fine for another year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dripping Ball Cock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello Plumbers I’ve replaced a 540mm high cast iron rad with 740mm high, like for like but still a 20mm valve extension was required. All was...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
Water keeps filling up my home water tank from the output valve at the bottom of the tank and not from the top of the tank Water keeps pouring in...
Replies
Views
I cannot isolate my toilet water supply for a quick-fix, as the valve/tap is buried beneath tiling by whoever built the place. All other taps in...
Replies
Views
Hi so I changed a towel radiator in bathroom from a normal radiator. I bunged the f&e tank and vent pipe , drained about a pint of water out the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock