Discuss Dreaded call...water pouring through ceiling under newly fitted shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know exactly that end of the world feeling. Am sure big relief for you Phil, but I bet you didn’t get over the initial shock and worry for a day?
Worst false alarm I had was after I worked in a multi story apartment on a top floor flat and next day reports were the flat below was getting flooded.
I imagined I had somehow destroyed all the flats below and rushed to find no sign of water in flat I worked in. Got a phone call the next day to say it was a mistake and flooding was on another apartment block. Genuinely made me feel ill. :p
Its horrible, I mean I trust my work but you are at the mercy of fittings and pipe further along the floor that may have a dry joint or a pushfit to nearly pop out.

If that call had have come in on holiday it would have ruined it.

If you have left yourself with the ability to listen to work voicemails, see work texts and read work emails on holiday you are a sadomasochist.
The dreaded moment you get a call from a customer who you have just done work for. I always assume the worst when I see the number pop up.

I assume the worst when every single number shows up. Even when I lok at then see they've never called me before. I've had a bunch of stuff go wrong recently and to be honest I've lost my nerve. I'm starting to think I'm done with this. Currently looking at getting out within 5 years.

If you have left yourself with the ability to listen to work voicemails, see work texts and read work emails on holiday you are a sadomasochist.

I assume the worst when every single number shows up. Even when I lok at then see they've never called me before. I've had a bunch of stuff go wrong recently and to be honest I've lost my nerve. I'm starting to think I'm done with this. Currently looking at getting out within 5 years.
I'd rather eat my £hit sandwiches as they come in rather than turning my phone on after 10 days and eating a big pile of them at once and being choked.

I was really sick once and had my phone off all week and when I turned it on about 100 voicemails came in, people trying over and over to contact me in stress and a customer who's cheapo tap that I fitted for them was leaking but only at night and was causing damage.

I'm the exact opposite to those plumbers (non on here I hope) who fob people off and don't return to sort stuff, I was once slightly criticised for some workmanship (tiled and slopping window cill without leveling it) 10 years ago and it was a horrible feeling and vowed it would never happen again and it hasn't, I do a job...stand back and critique myself, anything looks weird or something is chipped or not straight I redo it.

I change my answer phone saying I’m
Not available until the day after I am back.

Do you lot know what you lot? It's chuffin brilliant to see people take what is after all 'just a job' so seriously, act so responsibly and take the needs of customers so much to heart.

Give yourselves a bloody great pat on the back - then turn your phones off you sad gits :D:D:D Just kiddin :rolleyes:

Do you lot know what you lot? It's chuffin brilliant to see people take what is after all 'just a job' so seriously, act so responsibly and take the needs of customers so much to heart.

Give yourselves a bloody great pat on the back - then turn your phones off you sad gits :D:D:D Just kiddin :rolleyes:
You doing the Ricoh this year Dave?

You doing the Ricoh this year Dave?

Unfortunately not this year but def next.

I'm still working my, not so little, backside off doing computer animation videos for instructions, gathering parts from various places and having to put right problems 'introduced' by well meaning manufacturers... You couldn't make it up!

Much as we wanted to, we simply could not be ready on time. We will however have our 'official' launch at Installer Scotland in September which we are dead chuffed about. :D:D:D We'll be selling kits as well as demoing the new design.

Just between you and I, no one reads this so we're safe ;), we've just signed up today to do PHEX in Manchester in October. Have to say, having it at Man U's ground sucks but hey ho :rolleyes:

Unfortunately not this year but def next.

I'm still working my, not so little, backside off doing computer animation videos for instructions, gathering parts from various places and having to put right problems 'introduced' by well meaning manufacturers... You couldn't make it up!

Much as we wanted to, we simply could not be ready on time. We will however have our 'official' launch at Installer Scotland in September which we are dead chuffed about. :D:D:D We'll be selling kits as well as demoing the new design.

Just between you and I, no one reads this so we're safe ;), we've just signed up today to do PHEX in Manchester in October. Have to say, having it at Man U's ground sucks but hey ho :rolleyes:
Free test kit?;););)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dreaded call...water pouring through ceiling under newly fitted shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock