Search the forum,

Discuss Drain down hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

do you find a 10 metre regin drain down hose sufficient length or do you often use extension peices?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do own two and occasionally need to join them usually if I need to siphon a cylinder out and need to run hose into back garden or similar.

My main reason for having two was to drain heating and hot water at same time to speed installs up

[video]https://www.emergencyplumber.uk.com/plumbing/best-draining-hosepipe/[/video]

one of my friends has got this one very thick and good for draining. doesnt kink apparently like a garden hose

I've 2 as well. One is full length n the other has had couple bits cut off ... brilliant hoses though on couldn't live without them lol

I just use regular garden hoses I've never had a kink in them but I'm a bit anal about coiling them up and using straps to keep them neat

I put about 200mm of copper in on end of each hose so theres 150mm sticking out with two jubilee clips to keep them water tight and a nut and olive so I can connect onto valves or connect two hoses together if needed

They are brill. U can buy the thumb turn jubilee clips from fleebay.

you own two!!

christ its took me 3 years holding back with the garden hose to buy ONE!!

got it for £30 though.lol

30 quid for a hose to drain rads?! Madness! I've got a selection of garden hoses that made their way into my van over the years and they work a treat!
Can't get excited about hose brand names.

If I consider throwing a harden hose away every 3/4 weeks it does make a sense in my opinion :D quality has their price same as materials :D

for once i agree with adam,posh hoses ffs,just get a anti kink hose pipe,they work fine

Braided hose doesn't kink either....just weighs half a tonne and take up half the van.

BnQ hose in yellow, coiled up nice in a blue BG hose bag last forever.

The only saving grace with agreeing with Adam and Jon is that Mark agrees with them too.

I got a 50m hoselock hose cut in two, 30 and 20, that I use. Has to be a decent hose because it gets used for everything from a gas purge to a temporary mains water supply.

It gets flushed through first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drain down hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock