Search the forum,

Discuss Drain Doctor??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert Maddin

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie to the UK plumbers forum and I am very impressed with the quality of advice being given on some threads, so i thought maybe someone might be able to help me out with a problem.....

I am a mature student (30 years old) working towards my C&G 6189 NVQ Level 3 in Domestic Plumbing and Heating after completing the C&G 6189 NVQ level 2.

I have been looking for a new job for a little while and after a few false leads from recrutment agencies. I have been offered a job (in principal) woking for Drain Doctor.

This could be good for me as I have a lot of experience with blocked waste/stack pipes, though I do not want to let the hard earned plumbing and heating skills I have learnt over the course of my aprentiship go to waste!!

Has anybody ever worked for these guys before? What are they like to work for? and does anybody know ruffly how much a Drain Doctor engineer earns a year?

The manager told me the hours are 8am-5pm and basic pay is £19000 PA. Then there is a bonus system where the engineer earns 25% of any job completed once you reach a weekly quota. He also told me that the guys working for him earn anywhere from £30-35k PA after bounses.

I would like some independent advice on what they are like as a firm, and if these wage figures are realistic.

Thank you in advance!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drain Doctor??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock