Discuss Drain Doctor??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert Maddin

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie to the UK plumbers forum and I am very impressed with the quality of advice being given on some threads, so i thought maybe someone might be able to help me out with a problem.....

I am a mature student (30 years old) working towards my C&G 6189 NVQ Level 3 in Domestic Plumbing and Heating after completing the C&G 6189 NVQ level 2.

I have been looking for a new job for a little while and after a few false leads from recrutment agencies. I have been offered a job (in principal) woking for Drain Doctor.

This could be good for me as I have a lot of experience with blocked waste/stack pipes, though I do not want to let the hard earned plumbing and heating skills I have learnt over the course of my aprentiship go to waste!!

Has anybody ever worked for these guys before? What are they like to work for? and does anybody know ruffly how much a Drain Doctor engineer earns a year?

The manager told me the hours are 8am-5pm and basic pay is £19000 PA. Then there is a bonus system where the engineer earns 25% of any job completed once you reach a weekly quota. He also told me that the guys working for him earn anywhere from £30-35k PA after bounses.

I would like some independent advice on what they are like as a firm, and if these wage figures are realistic.

Thank you in advance!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drain Doctor??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
Back