Search the forum,

Discuss Does anyone use a Thermal imaging camera in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

does anyone bother with the thermal camera, thining of getting one so any recommendations? Testo 870-1 looks good but might go for a cheaper one for around £300 first (I no it won't be as good) but if I use it enough then I'll upgrade if needed

I use a Flir for HVAC stuff but its not very accurate when looking at a collection of copper pipes, great for radiators, air off on a/c units and quickly working out what is flow and return on water pipes from boiler.

Depends what you're thinking of. In my experience ( commercial buildings) they've never really been much cop tbh.
( that is only my experience of course, others will no doubt have had different experiences).

Testo 870 is overpriced POS.
For half the price get a seek reveal xr or pro with higher resolution.

I have a seek reveal xr 30 for sale for £280.00.
Resolution is higher than the testo and unit is smaller

Suggest Flir or Smart thermal imaging attachment for Android or iOS for entry level. Will depend on what you are trying to do?

Flir for android (v2) is the most unreliable POS available.
I know as ive tried them.
On paper its great - but software glitches lead to a life of pain and devices not communicating with each other

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does anyone use a Thermal imaging camera in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock