Search the forum,

Discuss Does anyone use a Thermal imaging camera in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Guys,

does anyone bother with the thermal camera, thining of getting one so any recommendations? Testo 870-1 looks good but might go for a cheaper one for around £300 first (I no it won't be as good) but if I use it enough then I'll upgrade if needed

I use a Flir for HVAC stuff but its not very accurate when looking at a collection of copper pipes, great for radiators, air off on a/c units and quickly working out what is flow and return on water pipes from boiler.

Depends what you're thinking of. In my experience ( commercial buildings) they've never really been much cop tbh.
( that is only my experience of course, others will no doubt have had different experiences).

Testo 870 is overpriced POS.
For half the price get a seek reveal xr or pro with higher resolution.

I have a seek reveal xr 30 for sale for £280.00.
Resolution is higher than the testo and unit is smaller

Suggest Flir or Smart thermal imaging attachment for Android or iOS for entry level. Will depend on what you are trying to do?

Flir for android (v2) is the most unreliable POS available.
I know as ive tried them.
On paper its great - but software glitches lead to a life of pain and devices not communicating with each other

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does anyone use a Thermal imaging camera in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock