Discuss Does anyone have any boiler fault finding PDFs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryster

Hello everybody,

Just thought I would ask a quick question on here.
I have been installing gas for almost 7 years but have only been servicing/fault finding on commercial boilers by myself for around a year now, and although Im now just starting to get a feel for problems and faults, I wondered if anybody had any commercial fault finding PDFs?

I got a great British Gas one of a chap on here that contains Ohms readings and sequences of operations for combi's, but just wondered if there was a commercial one floating around?

Would be a great help if anyone had anything along these lines, as it would boost my personal knowledge a touch and help in the future if perhaps I get a little stuck when the obvious things are all working correctly!

Thanks everyone!

got a mixed usb of about 6.5 gig

Shame its so bloody big!

Where abouts did you get hold of all the information? Or is it just a few years of getting bits and bobs together?

What's this British gas sheet full of ohms readings and other info. That sounds amazing

As far as commercial goes. There's not a great deal out there

I've picked most if mine up just from personal experience. But have noticed one or two things

Most boilers use a siemens or sit controller

If you have a fault code list for both you'll know what fault you have within minutes for a range of boilers

Strebel and hoval use a madq controller. But the fault codes are siemens unless you have a madq

E16 - e19 on a simens controller it is not some very obscure fault. Book says something like internal fault. It's just one of the thermistors have died

Carry an IMAX w80 themistor set on you. They work on so many boilers

Strainers are a major part of commercial boiler maintenance as they can cause nuisance lock outs due to heat rise across he being too high

I'm pretty well experienced in this, as all I do is ppm and reactive on commercial

Like Siminjohns, I'd be grateful for a copy of the BG info if there's one going please :hurray:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does anyone have any boiler fault finding PDFs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock