Discuss DIY Vokera repair? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lukas125

Having a problem with my Vokera 20/80 Flowmatic boiler, where the hot water runs hot, then cold, then hot etc etc... but the CH works fine.

I'm pretty sure this is due to a faulty diaphragm in the DHW manifold, and it looks relatively straight forward to replace this part after reading the servicing manual. But, I am not a plumber and have never done anything like this before. Has anybody replaced this part, and is it as straight forward as it looks? (Obviously I would be staying well clear of the gas side of the boiler.)

Once the front cover is taken off the front of a boiler it is classed as "gas work", so regardless of weather or not you are touching a gas part it will be deemed as illegal work on your part. My advice to you would be leave well alone and get a GSE in to do the work. ok it will cost a bit but you can't really put a price on your safety. And what makes you so sure its the diaphragm?? could be a number of things, thermistors etc. If your going off the MI's then i wouldn't bother there not always right, if i where you then i'd get the professionals in.

totally agree with tom once cover is taken off it becomes the realm of the gas engineer only.

Have changed many dhw diapragms on the 20/80, not a diy'ers job.
If the burner fires up & water gets hot then burner doesn't modulate but goes out for a while[ cold water] it ain't your diaphragm!
You need to get an experienced GS repair engineer. It's a fan/flue related problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DIY Vokera repair? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock