Discuss DIY Project To Zone My House in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry (and no offence btw) Richard, had to point out the definition of 'simular' because it made me laugh. :wink_smile:

Simular
noun 1. a person or thing that simulates; pretender.

adjective 2. simulated; false; counterfeit.

3. imitative; simulative.

Just to start off I will not take any responsibility if any one uses or takes any advice from this post it is purely how I was shown by the people I worked with as an apprentice and the original 3 T rule which I have never installed due to my young age ? As this type of pipe layout is very old school and would never be installed today and has not for a lot of years, but the principle is that you always Have the return from the cylinder piped to the centre of the tee and (which I and the people I worked with call the three T rule which may be wrong but it just what we call it as reminds you of the importance of correctly putting your tees in to stop the possibility off back circulation, and with more heating systems having more than one heating zone this is very important on paper it does not seam important and when I worked for a company that had 70 installers working for them they would not all follow what I call the 3T rule and most of them thought I was talking crap but I was the one sent to sort it out when they had moved in to there brand new home and when it got to the summer some of the radiators would get hot only way to sort out lift up all there new carpets and re pipe using the rule and did this to lots of new build homes other installers had fitted out not following what I call the 3 T rule in there 1st fix, having not been to collage in the last 24 years there may be a correct name for this some one who has just finished collage may know, I have done a quick sketch of how the three T rule started but has no importance in how we install today,also the way I install not going to go in to to much detail you people that install for a living will no what is what and if I have missed any thing it was a quick sketch looking at the way to correctly Tee in your returns,View attachment 10125but would be interested how many of you do what I call the 3 T rule as most of the people I worked with on the company I did not do my apprenticeship with thought what I call (you no) was a load of crap sorry for the long post

I'll send you some full stops for Christmas. ;)

:juggle: QUOTE=Howsie;416424]I'll send you some full stops for Christmas. ;)[/QUOTE]
no point in sending me any howsie i have not got a clue where to put them so juggle with the ones i do have :rolleyes2:

Wow, this is a really superb, funny read/thread. Perhaps I should attempt to DIY my project to get more spice into it!

Wow, this is a really superb, funny read/thread. Perhaps I should attempt to DIY my project to get more spice into it!

I think you're heading in the right direction already rick :)

I think you're heading in the right direction already rick :)

No, I've done some simple plumbing in the past, but when you get to a certain age you get to appreciate/realize your limitations. I attempt to analyse and comment, but not DIY! I've never tried to use a chain saw. It looks fairly simple using one, but I don't ever intend to pick one up and try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DIY Project To Zone My House in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the...
Replies
Views
Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping to check if I have a genuine fault, or something I've overlooked. I've just moved into a my first house with a conventional...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock